Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any good clubs with progressive trance in LA?

Tranceport

• 2 weeks later...

Try Club Rubber in Costa Mesa -- it only goes off twice a month so its pretty intense. Go to www.pimpnho.com and www.octrippin.com for more info.

And be in line by 7:00 -- this place doesn't fuck around. Doors open at 7:30 and it usually reaches capacity at 8:30 -- no one leaves until its over. Oh yeah, it goes off on Saturday nights.

If you're into after hours, After Hours Power at The Palace in Hollywood is good. Doors open at 3:00 am and close at 9:00 am. Be in line by 2:00 to beat the crowd from the clubs...more info at www.afterhourpowerla.com

new to the board...but pretty seasoned to the prog trance/tech house scene here in la.

all of the aforementioned are great clubs to hit, but personally i recommend seeking out quality l.a. djs that spin the tunes we love.

i would personally seek out the following local djs if i wanted a great night out of progressive house/trance: mark lewis (honestly, i feel the best of l.a.--twilo, perfecto, and renaissance ibiza cannot be wrong!), taylor (reliable but not always ultra progressive ala the bedrock/ breeder/nick warren/sasha vein), thomas micheal (hit/miss--take the club/crowd into account--you may hear 'the launch' if you;re not careful...but then he might hit cass vs slide as well), nicholas bennison (mates with sasha--pretty good), and doran. i'm sure there's thousands more out there, but these guys tear it up every weekend in l.a., so they're you're best bet, i feel. and although, it may make me a few enemies--stay away from mr. chris lawrence's turntable prowess if you truly value your evening out. lets hope his attitude and his sets get better...love to all, robert. email me if needed, i dig new people in the scene...sharpkid001@aol.com.

Archived