Clubplanet Nightlife Community

investment banking

Originally posted by lillizzy

i took money and banking...it doesnt require both macro/micro...only macro...it's either really easy or really hard, in my class half the people got As and half the people got C/Ds

it is basically intermediate macro in a nutshell...it doesn't really tell you anything about IB if that's what you're looking into...

ps: if you're an econ major, that is a good elective to take...fills up quick, doubt you'd get it your freshman year, but you probably registered already?

yea i got lucky and got in with only two spots left, my friend who tried registerin right after me, couldn't make it.

also im takin the intermediate macro class next semester too, so i guess it should be even better

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mbenzml

yea i got lucky and got in with only two spots left, my friend who tried registerin right after me, couldn't make it.

also im takin the intermediate macro class next semester too, so i guess it should be even better

ahh now i got it..

the money and banking class is decent from what i hear.. most people take it as one of their electives.. i didn't take it though cuz there were and are others i want to take.. but for future reference the investment banking actual course is a big waste of time... unless your looking for an easy class ;) then again, the curve basically kills that though..

Originally posted by PFloyd40

ahh now i got it..

the money and banking class is decent from what i hear.. most people take it as one of their electives.. i didn't take it though cuz there were and are others i want to take.. but for future reference the investment banking actual course is a big waste of time... unless your looking for an easy class ;) then again, the curve basically kills that though..

:aright:

joecrack, though i understand your point of view, once you get into ibanking.. it's still the white man that prevails. all senior execs are balding, white males with a network of CEO/CFOs of all the huge corporations that are also balding, white males.

of course the bank is going to try and 'diversify' its employee base by aggressively seeking minorities. that's the only way we can generate more diversity at all levels of the corporate world.

that said, yes. i have had breakdowns at work. i've punched/kicked various equipment near my hell hole cubicle. i've considered infinite amount of times of just dropping my work at 5 am and walking out the door and never turning back. but at the end of the day, i still need a job. just like you.

i'm happy to see more people like me are interested in banking -- people that party!! whoo hooo. ok back to work. :rolleyes:

Armin van Buuren? anyone? see ya all there. i'll be coming straight from work. :laugh:

ps: you should have waited to take int macro til next year probably, mb would have been a great class to take b4 then...

hold on, im gonna check my schedule and see which profesors im takin.

i took both macro and micro this semester and it wasn;t that bad, so i thought i can handle both mb and inter macro next semester.

Originally posted by kitty19

joecrack, though i understand your point of view, once you get into ibanking.. it's still the white man that prevails. all senior execs are balding, white males with a network of CEO/CFOs of all the huge corporations that are also balding, white males.

of course the bank is going to try and 'diversify' its employee base by aggressively seeking minorities. that's the only way we can generate more diversity at all levels of the corporate world.

that said, yes. i have had breakdowns at work. i've punched/kicked various equipment near my hell hole cubicle. i've considered infinite amount of times of just dropping my work at 5 am and walking out the door and never turning back. but at the end of the day, i still need a job. just like you.

i'm happy to see more people like me are interested in banking -- people that party!! whoo hooo. ok back to work. :rolleyes:

Armin van Buuren? anyone? see ya all there. i'll be coming straight from work. :laugh:

yes i can vouch for both sides of that coin, seeing as I cannot get a job in i-banking, whilst i know minorites who honestly, don't know jack shit that are getting them... though thats certainly not to take away from the clearly capable and well deserving individuals who happen to be minorities...

its funny though, being a white guy in stern, i'm actually part of the minority.. lol ;)

yes i can vouch for both sides of that coin, seeing as I cannot get a job in i-banking, whilst i know minorites who honestly, don't know jack shit that are getting them... though thats certainly not to take away from the clearly capable and well deserving individuals who happen to be minorities...

its funny though, being a white guy in stern, i'm actually part of the minority.. lol ;)

really how important is the gpa, cause i fucked up first semester and its gettin me a little worried.

And i know i know that im only a freshmanand maybe im getting a little ahead of myself, but if i learn my stuff now, then i might just have some edge over others.

really how important is the gpa, cause i fucked up first semester and its gettin me a little worried.

And i know i know that im only a freshmanand maybe im getting a little ahead of myself, but if i learn my stuff now, then i might just have some edge over others.

stern is tough on the gpa with intra-school transfers...plus you have to have 32 credits to transfer there anyways so wait it out...

and also i'm not saying you can't handle MB and int macro im just syaing that taking MB first would guarantee u an A in IntMacro...

whatever u do if u stay in CAS, DONT TAKE THE THEORY CONCENTRATION!

eusepi for int macro is AWESOME...fuckin hysterical guy

i'm taking the easy way out and going to school again after i graduate lol...

gpa really is huge...

if ya don't have enough contacts, its the only thing that will get you into the interview.. they use your resume to wipe their asses w/ anything below 3.5..

you've got a looooooooong way to go, so i wouldn't worry toooooo much bout not doing to hot first semester.. but be sure to stay on top of it, b/c they pile up fast and before ya know it, if you dont' be careful you wont' be able to fix it... definetly good to try and get a jump early..

i would suggest tryign to get an internship now for college credit.. or pay if ya can, but most for freshmen are non-paying.. its a good start and somethign to put on the res.. also, if your really motivated, try reading some books... liars poker, or somethign more techincal like investment valuation by damodaran.. i've read a few of his books and they've been sooooooo good... theres a class designed specifically to teach his stuff called investment principles.. everyone was working on their big project this week, and i basically did a few friends' models, and was answering alot of peoples questions and request for advice... and mind you, i've never taken the class... lol

stern is tough on the gpa with intra-school transfers...plus you have to have 32 credits to transfer there anyways so wait it out...

and also i'm not saying you can't handle MB and int macro im just syaing that taking MB first would guarantee u an A in IntMacro...

whatever u do if u stay in CAS, DONT TAKE THE THEORY CONCENTRATION!

eusepi for int macro is AWESOME...fuckin hysterical guy

i'm taking the easy way out and going to school again after i graduate lol...

yea, i was planning on waitin it out until soph year

and i heard the same about eusepi, so i'm goin to try to get him for later classes, which is usually tough with upperclassmen takin all the best cources.

gpa really is huge...

if ya don't have enough contacts, its the only thing that will get you into the interview.. they use your resume to wipe their asses w/ anything below 3.5..

you've got a looooooooong way to go, so i wouldn't worry toooooo much bout not doing to hot first semester.. but be sure to stay on top of it, b/c they pile up fast and before ya know it, if you dont' be careful you wont' be able to fix it... definetly good to try and get a jump early..

i would suggest tryign to get an internship now for college credit.. or pay if ya can, but most for freshmen are non-paying.. its a good start and somethign to put on the res.. also, if your really motivated, try reading some books... liars poker, or somethign more techincal like investment valuation by damodaran.. i've read a few of his books and they've been sooooooo good... theres a class designed specifically to teach his stuff called investment principles.. everyone was working on their big project this week, and i basically did a few friends' models, and was answering alot of peoples questions and request for advice... and mind you, i've never taken the class... lol

thanx, i will try to get an internship sometime durin the summer or maybe even this spring

yea, i was planning on waitin it out until soph year

and i heard the same about eusepi, so i'm goin to try to get him for later classes, which is usually tough with upperclassmen takin all the best cources.

eusepi is leavin after thisyear, hes only a phd student...

the upper level classes are easier than the principles ones...

good luck with the internships, as a frosh, career svcs is shit to helping you find one, i guess you have to know people :(

eusepi is leavin after thisyear, hes only a phd student...

the upper level classes are easier than the principles ones...

good luck with the internships, as a frosh, career svcs is shit to helping you find one, i guess you have to know people :(

do u have a problem loggin on to albert right now or is it just me

i have Jonas Pragar for mb class, and Impullitti G. for inter macro

never heard of them, how are they?

pragar i dunno i took it over the summer i didnt have him

impulliti...he teaches int'l econ...i heard he doesnt speak english lol

who do you have for micro this semester?

pragar i dunno i took it over the summer i didnt have him

impulliti...he teaches int'l econ...i heard he doesnt speak english lol

who do you have for micro this semester?

aditi thapar, another biiatch that doesn't speak english, i can't even understand her