Clubplanet Nightlife Community

music mixing

I just have a quick question. what is some good software that i can download to be able to mix songs on a computer. I would like to be able to mix songs in and out of each other, cut tracks, and be able to do this with mp3 and cd songs. little help please

;)

PCDJ Red is absolutely horrendous. Not only is the interface difficult to use, being a mixer program, but it renames every single MP3 that you load into it into a categorized format that it can use. This means the file names of every MP3 you load into it will be wiped and replaced with a numeral name.

The interface won't be a problem if you're not doing precision mixing. But personally, the MP3 renaming issue is just intolerable. Try the free PCDJ to give yourself an idea of what it's like. Also, you may have better luck with CDs.

I have to disagree. With the proper setup (my PC has 2 soundcards...the master going out to my mixer and the "cue" going out to my PC speakers) it works really well, especially if you get the hang of the keyboard shortcuts. The interface is identical to just about every dual CD deck made within the last decade so you can pretty much pick it up and know it.

Also, it does NOT rename your MP3 files. I have never seen a numerical file name. What version are you using? What it does do is give you the option to modify the ID3v1 and ID3v2 information, so it allows you to save BPM, gain, and other info inside the file.

I found I've been able to do live mixes equally as well with PCDJ Red as I could with CDs or even vinyl.

i've never used red but used blue which is pretty much the same thing.....the most annoying thing about that program is that if the mp3 is not marked read-only, it modifies every single one the first time you load them and when loading mp3s from a network drive, that shit takes FOREVER to do that "indexing" thing. so fucking annoying.

Originally posted by brooklynkid

I have to disagree. With the proper setup (my PC has 2 soundcards...the master going out to my mixer and the "cue" going out to my PC speakers) it works really well, especially if you get the hang of the keyboard shortcuts. The interface is identical to just about every dual CD deck made within the last decade so you can pretty much pick it up and know it.

Also, it does NOT rename your MP3 files. I have never seen a numerical file name. What version are you using? What it does do is give you the option to modify the ID3v1 and ID3v2 information, so it allows you to save BPM, gain, and other info inside the file.

I found I've been able to do live mixes equally as well with PCDJ Red as I could with CDs or even vinyl.

I used it off of the standard comp setup, so I can't really separate the cue and the speakers. But I figured that that was my lack of hardware.

I've saves the BPM and other assorted info to file before, and I've also left the format alone. Either way it comes out numerical, for some reason. Maybe it was a bug in an old version, I'm not sure.