Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HIP HOP in LA area??? :eek:

powars

Blue is tight on Thursdays.

A joint called The Gate (on La Cienega)on Thursdays (and perhaps other days, too) is dope but if you're a dude you better get there early or bring some ladies with you. A similar, classy vibe is at Century Club on Tues & Saturdays. Ballerz everywhere flexin the diamond rolexes.

Club Lingerie is cool on Fridays and Saturdays. More chill. Dragonfly is chill, too, and has good hip-hop on Saturdays.

A joint called Gabah has the most "true" hip-hop I've heard (but perhaps I'm biased - grew up on the East Coast and prefer that to the west coast sound). Lots of underground and sh!t you won't hear on the radio and a pretty "non-hollywood" crowd.

Faisdodo has some cool nights, but the schedule varies by week and I can never remember it - its cool, though.

Opium Den, Voodoo, Sugar, Spaceland. . . all have hip-hop, too - it all depends on what type of hip-hop you like and what scene you're interested in, email me if you want to more detailed descriptions of any of these places.

rix

------------------

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.geocities.com/rob_ricketts/sum411.html" TARGET=_blank>rix's homepage</A>

[This message has been edited by rob_rix (edited 08-18-2000).]

Archived