Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP,Junior,and draper are garbage we need a trance resid

man, all these fucking classifications.

I remember back when House was a Feeling...

I remember back when House HAD afros...

I remember back when record labels didn't sell "house"

I spin anything between 120 and 133bpm. Whatever that makes me, so be it but i'm not classifying myself. I"ve got trance, breaks, house, techno, jungle, fuck even miles davis in my crate

AND I"M NOT AFRAID TO USE IT! :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok,

House was a NY Thang....this is well known....

But back in the day..Trance was HOUSE?

i remember hearing alot of trancy shit back at dance floors like Octagon, DanceTeria, And ESP LIMELIGHT

GONZO?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

But back then, no one really called it "Trance"

but Ny's sound has always been

DARK, EVIL, And HOUSE

Trance has come and gone, many times in NY

some people were just to Fucked up on Meth to remember....

Tunnel....Was like TRANCE HELL 4 EVER!!

Twilo>

Even Tank" had trance,>>>>92ish

WHATEVER IT WAS

House has always beeen a Ny Sorta Thang

We liked it dark, we liked it hard, n we liked it House!

Can i get a AMEN?!

:laugh:

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

eh u sure about that?

Florida breaks sound like Florida breaks, and the icey remix of everyday sounds just like the rest of iceys remixes/productions

We arent talking about the original trance song here

Unless you're talking about a version that's different than the mix he put on his essential mix CD, then yes, I'm sure.

I'm sorry, I can understand where you're coming from, but the freakin' massive build up and breakdown that he left in the track throws it off quite enough for me to ACTIVELY put that track and his other remixes/productions in at least two different categories. See, I actually REALLY LIKE that remix of Everyday, and I've made an active effort to go through some of Icey's other remixes and productions...I've usually been disappointed. I make a real effort to like what he does, but I can't think of him as much more than mediocre.

And I didn't say ANYTHING about the screenname. :laugh: *puts hands up and backs away slowly*

Originally posted by wakeup

its definately confusing but the best way is to hear a good example of each genre then u can learn to define what category a track falls into. corsten and ian van dahl are both progressive trance (im sure corsten can get a little hard too but not from the sets ive heard) and cosmic gate is hard progressive trance. digweed is progressive w/ occasional breaks. as for techno the vast majority is the same beat through out the track. never builds just repetive w/ maybe a short breakdown and synth stabs

Im sorry but in my "opinion" thats all wrong.

The beginning of what you say is right, but who told you what the example of the genre was? eh?

And previous poster was correct, van dahl and corsten are not in the same league nor do they make the same kind of music. Hence the different genre name.

I feel that what you are saying is a very NYC point of view, from my experiance.

I got my "examples of genres" from a magazine called Mixmag. I think it is pretty good source material.

We all know our shit, but where you learn your "shit" makes a big difference.

Originally posted by xpander

Icey didn't produce that track...and the ones that he did produce sounds nothing like Everyday.

ACTIVELY put that track and his other remixes/productions in at least two different categories. See, I actually REALLY LIKE that remix of Everyday, and I've made an active effort to go through some of Icey's other remixes and productions

Pay close attention to the "Icey didnt produce that track" and then describing how his remix of everyday isnt like his others, which may be true, but is not the point.

Point is - he produced it, and you said he didnt, and then I corrected you, and then you change the subject!

Ahem....I dont mean to be a dick here - but i know when im right.

I feel like zeeker!

Originally posted by cintron

man, all these fucking classifications.

I spin anything between 120 and 133bpm. Whatever that makes me, so be it but i'm not classifying myself. I"ve got trance, breaks, house, techno, jungle, fuck even miles davis in my crate

AND I"M NOT AFRAID TO USE IT! :D

Classifications are a neccesary evil -

no one wants to be pigionholed to a genre, but its hard get booked (unless you are already a superstar - but by then people expect a certain style from you) somewhere telling them you play 120-133 bpm dance music.

If you love house, isnt it refreshing to be able to read on a flyer that so and so plays house, it will encourage you to go to the night.

Everyone wants to be eclectic, and in a perfect world we could, but reality is people want to know what they are getting before they pay money to see it.

Thats not to say you cant jump genres in a set - but you get the idea

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

Pay close attention to the "Icey didnt produce that track" and then describing how his remix of everyday isnt like his others, which may be true, but is not the point.

Point is - he produced it, and you said he didnt, and then I corrected you, and then you change the subject!

Ahem....I dont mean to be a dick here - but i know when im right.

I feel like zeeker!

I'm well aware of what I said. I also consider remixing and producing to be two completely different things. Granted, someone can put a considerable amount of work into a remix, but I still would give the production credits to the original producers.

If Icey did, for instance, what the Plumps did with stakka Humanoid, in which case they LITERALLY REBUILT the track themselves. Now then you may have a case.

So until then, I stand corrected. It's a Icey remix of Agnelli & nelson's Everyday. You now know what I mean by production. All that other stuff's just semantics. :aright: