Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i bit off a piece of my tongue at the dentist today!!!

weyes

my dentist had just finished two fillings (after saying a few "oops"es and "o no"s during them :worry: , but i guess that's another story), and she asked me to bite down on the carbon paper. y'all who've had fillings know what i'm talking about - the stuff that you chew on afterwards so that the dentist can see what he or she needs to grind down or polish.

so i bit down really hard and crunched something. "is there still a piece of cotton in there?" i asked, slurring my words with my half-numb mouth.

"you just took out a chunk of your tongue bite1.gif ," she said. "you're bleeding a bit, there..." and she took out the spit-vacuum thing, which was now bloody [lovely story, huh :D ?], and put some cotton in to clean me up a bit.

really, it sounds worse than it is. but when i got home, i just peeled off the bit that was left, as i still couldn't feel my tongue. waiting till later would've been painful :shake: . now it's just swollen and i have to eat on the other side of my mouth, as my tongue keeps getting caught up in my teeth.

Originally posted by weyes

my dentist had just finished two fillings (after saying a few "oops"es and "o no"s during them :worry: , but i guess that's another story), and she asked me to bite down on the carbon paper. y'all who've had fillings know what i'm talking about - the stuff that you chew on afterwards so that the dentist can see what he or she needs to grind down or polish.

so i bit down really hard and crunched something. "is there still a piece of cotton in there?" i asked, slurring my words with my half-numb mouth.

"you just took out a chunk of your tongue bite1.gif ," she said. "you're bleeding a bit, there..." and she took out the spit-vacuum thing, which was now bloody [lovely story, huh :D ?], and put some cotton in to clean me up a bit.

really, it sounds worse than it is. but when i got home, i just peeled off the bit that was left, as i still couldn't feel my tongue. waiting till later would've been painful :shake: . now it's just swollen and i have to eat on the other side of my mouth, as my tongue keeps getting caught up in my teeth.

You poor thing. Hope this doesn't affect your oral abilities :tongue:

Originally posted by tequiza

You poor thing. Hope this doesn't affect your oral abilities :tongue:

thanks for your concern for that aspect of it :laugh2: .
Originally posted by sebastianxy

Ouch, Weyes! Hope you're recovering nicely...

i'm ok now :tongue::aright::D . the body's an amazing thing!