Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FINAL NEW YEAR'S POLL: pvd/howells, digweed, spundae?

weyes

where (of these three, if any) will you be partying on new year's?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. where (of these three, if any) will you be partying on new year's?

• giant
    • liquified
    • spundae

so, which party has everyone chosen, of the big three?

12/31

1. giant ($75) - paul van dyk, danny howells, the crystal method (exclusive dj set), tall paul, mark farina, luke fair, jason bentley, mark tabberner, dj colette, sol, john do and justin gourley

2. liquified ($50) - john digweed (extended marathon set) john debo (boston usa) troy roberts (los angeles usa) jay ell (liquified la)

1/1

3. spundae ($35) - armin van buuren, ferry corsten, derrick carter, tim lawson, cody lee, rebecca sin, brandon meyers, oliver twist, john wander, jeffrey allen

i'm going to spundae; my friends wanted to be there most. i just wish it were on new year's eve :( .

Spundae are you serious, have you been gargling w/ bong water, have you been taking hits from Vic's crackpipe?!?! I would totally get new friends ASAP! That line up is an epic trance marathon, you're going to have to sit through hours and hours of of fairy trance breakdowns and garbage trance remixes at 165BPM. Spundae = :puke:

Digweed is good, but he has been known to put joeygk in a coma.....that MMII comp he put out a few months ago = SNOOZE. As Vic would say 'too much prog puts me to sleep.'

I'd check out PVD & Howells -----> party time! :party:

Originally posted by joeygk

Spundae are you serious, have you been gargling w/ bong water, have you been taking hits from Vic's crackpipe?!?! I would totally get new friends ASAP! That line up is an epic trance marathon, you're going to have to sit through hours and hours of of fairy trance breakdowns and garbage trance remixes at 165BPM. Spundae = :puke:

Digweed is good, but he has been known to put joeygk in a coma.....that MMII comp he put out a few months ago = SNOOZE. As Vic would say 'too much prog puts me to sleep.'

PvD and Howells would also be my first option but a couple of things make me pick Digweed instead.

1. its a massive on the street (i think), so its sure to be messy.

2. i am unclear how long each one would be spinning for. pvd is in SF that night also, so i think he's only in LA for a couple of hours. unless howells goes on for 4+ (which i doubt, 'cos they also have to make time for the other dj's that evening) i would choose digweed.

but like u said, too much progressive puts me to sleep. in fact its bad for your health. :D

Originally posted by weyes

so, which party has everyone chosen, of the big three?

12/31

1. giant ($75) - paul van dyk, danny howells, the crystal method (exclusive dj set), tall paul, mark farina, luke fair, jason bentley, mark tabberner, dj colette, sol, john do and justin gourley

2. liquified ($50) - john digweed (extended marathon set) john debo (boston usa) troy roberts (los angeles usa) jay ell (liquified la)

1/1

3. spundae ($35) - armin van buuren, ferry corsten, derrick carter, tim lawson, cody lee, rebecca sin, brandon meyers, oliver twist, john wander, jeffrey allen

i'm going to spundae; my friends wanted to be there most. i just wish it were on new year's eve :( .

Spundae on New Year's night has a good line up. But really, who'll have the energy to go out when most of us will still be recovering from the night before? :tongue:

I was fortunate enough to get hooked up with a special $40 ticket for Giant. So it'll be PVD for the 3rd year in a row. I figure if he dissapoints, Crystal Method should rock the house. I'm just praying that it doesn't rain...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by joeygk

well, i didn't wanna go out at all, for the record, 'cause new year's parties are always wack: parking drama, line drama, crowd drama, "my dj didn't go on when he was supposed to/didn't spin as long as he was supposed to" drama... too much drama, and too much pressure to have the best time ever. i wanted to just chill w/ my friends, like we all did last year. we had such a blast :spin2: .

but like i think i said in a previous post, my friend went out and bought tix as soon as he heard the spundae lineup, so that was that :( . and, while i hate epic trance (the syntho stuff really does get on my nerves), what i've heard of derrick carter has been good, so at least there's that. i wasn't thrilled when i saw avb in sept., but it wasn't as bad as his recorded stuff at all. i don't know squat about ferry corsten.

but giant's been throwing badly planned events for a while, not to mention that i wouldn't be able to swing the $75 anyway. thirdly, i've always been disappointed with pvd's live gigs. but if my friend is having the amazing time i know he will - drooling over corsten and avb, i can't help but have a good time, too :) .

*o, and sassa, spundae is 21 and over :( . i hope you find someplace to go!!!