Would it be ?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be ?

• A cheese
    • Does not make a diference as long is good
    • bad
    • Yes, something new should be fun to see it

Originally posted by roha3000

Final Scratch uses 2 regular turntables and some special records. It supposedly allows you to cue and mix just like vinyl.

Yeah, I get the whole concept and all, but something's just not right about it to me. I don't know, there's something hugely satisfying about being broke as a bastard and having a big, colorful stack of vinyl sitting here next to me that mp3's would just not do for me. I am not so sure I would look at a DJ who brings a laptop and a mouse to a club instead of a record bag, but that's my opinion, and I'm not about to say it's the only one that could be correct.

Originally posted by dr0ne

flexibility in terms of control over time.....there's nothing magical about mixing two beats together (sorry guys) it's just having the beats with the tempos as close as possible and in the closest possible phase. that's something that you can do a lot easier by manipulating vinyl than by using that jog/shuttle crap on the CD player....a good dj w/ vinyl can be precise within a tenth of a second. try that with a cd player.

You're missing the idea here chief........

You're focusing on beatmatching which anyone can tell you is not even the half of it. Its all about programming.

Take a second and look at a record. You can see where grooves break and start and explode.

With wax, you can put the needle anywhere on the record and go from there. Can't do that on a CD or mp3 with as much ease.

Maybe younger people to the scene prefer mp3 and computers for djiing. And old school folks like the vinyl im a young guy myself but i grew up with the old school style with my cus and bro. And im a believer a dj is TUNRTABLES,MIXER,SPEAKERS,VINYL. New people like, LAPTOPS,MOUSE,FREEMUSIC.