Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Snowboarding Volunteers Needed!

crank47

Got this email from Burton:

Snowboarding Volunteers Needed!

It's great to volunteer for a good cause - you get a warm fuzzy feeling inside and you're actually doing something for the betterment of your fellow mankind. The experience is even more rewarding when you can snowboard and volunteer for a good cause at the same time. That's exactly what the Chill program needs you to do.

Based in nine cities throughout the U.S. and Canada, Chill will teach over 1,500 underprivileged and at-risk youth how to snowboard this winter. Chill benefits from the expertise of snowboarding instructors at each of our host-mountains, but we need more snowboarding volunteers so the kids get as much individual attention as possible. To make the experience as positive as possible for these troubled inner-city kids, Chill needs your help. We're looking for interested snowboarders, living near our nine Chill sites, to come out and get involved.

Here's what's in it for you:

- A complimentary lift ticket - you can come out and ride all day before the Chill program starts or stay after we leave and ride, ride, ride.

- A chance to earn community service hours. Chill is a non-profit organization working with an under-served population. Your gift of time and attention counts towards community service.

- A wonderful opportunity to give back and share the sport of snowboarding with kids, ages 10-18, who would never otherwise have this opportunity. Chill works with kids in group homes and foster care, kids with addictions, kids on probation and kids with emotional and behavioral issues. Our kids need the attention of capable adults who can make them feel comfortable and confident in their efforts to learn to ride. You provide the time, Chill provides the smiles and the amazing memories.

Chill's 2003 program will serve kids in the following cities:

(All Chill sites run for six weeks)

These sites ride Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights - on snow from approx. 5:30 - 8:30pm

Starting the week of January 6

New York City, NY at Sterling Forest Resort

Starting the week of January 13

Washington, DC at Whitetail Resort

Boston, MA at Wachusett Mountain

Starting the week of January 27

Chicago, IL at the Raging Buffalo

Starting the week of February 3

Seattle, WA at the Summit at Snoqualmie

Starting the week of February 10

Salt Lake City, UT at Brighton

These sites ride Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays - on snow from approx. 5:30 - 8:30pm

Starting the week of January 27

Burlington, VT at Bolton Valley Resort

Starting the week of February 3

Toronto , Ontario at Snow Valley Resort

This site rides Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays - on snow from noon - 4:00

Starting January 5

Los Angeles, CA at Snow Valley Resort

If you're interested in volunteering with Chill and live near one of the Chill host mountains, please contact Jenn Davis at jennd@burton.com for more information. Thanks so much!

Dude...I wanna go skiing...I miss it so bad....puhleeze let's go

I wanna go I wanna go.

haha alright.

Do you have to bee good to teahc these kids? or can I teach them to ski because I am better at that?

Also, where do u board?

Wanna go sometime this winteR?

PLEASE!!!!

-Sia!

email me or IM me at sialater18....

Originally posted by sialater18

Dude...I wanna go skiing...I miss it so bad....puhleeze let's go

I wanna go I wanna go.

haha alright.

Do you have to bee good to teahc these kids? or can I teach them to ski because I am better at that?

Also, where do u board?

Wanna go sometime this winteR?

PLEASE!!!!

-Sia!

email me or IM me at sialater18....

Ummm it says snowBOARD, so I'm thinking that means they want people to help teach kids how to snowboard.........

I do both also, but I definitely wouldn't teach any kids how to snowboard......

I go skiing around loacally sometimes, if/when it ever snows.....I'll let you know the next time.

Pgiddy? Are you threatening me? Are you threatening me? :chainsaw:

I mean, Sorry I was really tired when I posted that. Wait so you mean, they wanted snowboard instructors? What a shock...

:jawdrop:

I suppose it makes sense that they would want SNOWboard instructors, since that's what they were advertising...But were you mocking me? Huh?:

joking, joking, once again deleriously tired...damn it.

Well it is supposed to snow tonight, Xmas! Merriiiieeee Kreeeestmaaaaasss *****iiiibaaddiiii!!!!!!!!!

I am going to hit the slopes before I hit the clubs maybe this weekend....