Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish The Review

sobeton

Originally posted by biznation00

Ali & Sharam were impressed and showed it by hangin' back there with Roly in intervals throughout the whole night. Sometimes, it's finding a balance of adjusting to the dj in the mainroom while stayin' tru to what you do. Roly took us all on a ride, feeding us a lil' of everything & building things up real smooth & patiently before "dropping the Hammer @ 5am".

A big part of why I enjoy listening to Roly besides the obvious, is because every week he shows up with something different and you can never guess what he's gonna throw at you. No matter what, its always a damn good time. ;)

When a bumped into Sharam on the Patio he was standing there smiling looking up at the booth. I was like "yeah Roland is the man out here." Any way he seemed to like what he was hearing.:dj: :dj: :D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351

biz, 4am was the perfect time to drop the hammer. For me being there at midnight, I had to sit threw 5 hours of bla bs.... We can go on and on and on about the artisitc direction of DD set and roland set. Yea roland built it up nicely, but waiting too long to drop the hammer. The dd crowd was begging for better music, and no one gave it to them, till it was too late. IF THE HOT CHICKS DIDN'T COME OUT IN FULL FORCE, THAT CLUB WOULD HAVE EMPTIED OUT SOOOOOOOOOOOOO QUICK....

quote from some of the cpers there at 4am "lets go to lauderdale"

I said i'd go, but it closes in an hour, so lets stay and pray someone does something, or lets just look at the chicks...

I think the overall tempo of the set was way to down tempo. I been through marathon sets with Diggers (whom I consider the master of marathon sets), DT, Oscar, etc I know you can’t come out banging; because if you do that for over ten hours you will wipe people out. however at some point you have to lift the crowd up, and get that energy flowing again. imo DD waited way to long to do that, and it’s really as simple as that. :)

Hey Lola.. eventhough I wasn't there.. I saw deep dish awhile ago in.. hmm was it chicago or milw.. i forget but I remember last time i saw them.. I was disappointed.. very disappointed...

I'm sorry to hear about all the mess especially when KT was there... he just had bad luck just like I had w/the clubs in SoBe...

He'll just have to come back again... I wouldn't mind coming to the music festival.. whatever that is.. :0 ) ... miss you much baby!!

Luv Kimmy

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

I think the overall tempo of the set was way to down tempo. I been through marathon sets with Diggers (whom I consider the master of marathon sets), DT, Oscar, etc I know you can’t come out banging; because if you do that for over ten hours you will wipe people out. however at some point you have to lift the crowd up, and get that energy flowing again. imo DD waited way to long to do that, and it’s really as simple as that. :)

:aright:

Part of the reason you heard a more downtempo set before 5am from Roly back there was for the simple fact that he had Deep Dish inside. He wasn't going to turn it out from the start out there. DD & Roly play similar styles & tempo so how different would the patio be if he played at their tempo from the start?? It's actually alot like opening up. Out of respect you keep things interesting out there without tryin' to steal the show.

Ask yourself this.. If I'm opening for Danny T, am I gonna play his biggest anthems or his biggest productions before him?? will I do the same if he is in the room next door at the same club??

Ali & Sharam were impressed and showed it by hangin' back there with Roly in intervals throughout the whole night. Sometimes, it's finding a balance of adjusting to the dj in the mainroom while stayin' tru to what you do. Roly took us all on a ride, feeding us a lil' of everything & building things up real smooth & patiently before "dropping the Hammer @ 5am".

A big part of why I enjoy listening to Roly besides the obvious, is because every week he shows up with something different and you can never guess what he's gonna throw at you. No matter what, its always a damn good time. ;)

its rolands home turf

fuck deep dish

roland nextime steal the show

play fuckin all ya jams on the patio get that place pumpin

simple as this

dd aint doing the job then someone else might as well do it

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by andrewthomas

its rolands home turf

fuck deep dish

roland nextime steal the show

play fuckin all ya jams on the patio get that place pumpin

simple as this

dd aint doing the job then someone else might as well do it

:idea:

i agree.....

Guest saleen351

:laugh: :laugh: that's the remedy alright...

why don't you show some respect for Rolands partner.... he is the guy we are going to see in lauderdale..... and your new year eve dj at space.......

so you just bashed, your own dj.....

way to go.....

:idea: :idea: :idea:

why don't you show some respect for Rolands partner.... he is the guy we are going to see in lauderdale..... and your new year eve dj at space.......

how does Shaun factor into this?? you said lauderdale & I :laugh:. Where's the disrespect in that??:laugh: I mean cuz if that's the case, everytime you bash SoBe you disrespect many of the locals there & one of them happens to be Stryke (one of your favs). So tell me, how does what I said have anything to do with Shaun??

by the way, Shaun was at home on Saturday night & not in Lauderdale...;)

see thread below for an interesting discussion on Shaun Rudnick by Saleen & Biz.

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=134702&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I believe, the one who needs to show respect is you.:rolleyes:

Guest saleen351

how does Shaun factor into this?? you said lauderdale & I :laugh:. Where's the disrespect in that??:laugh: I mean cuz if that's the case, everytime you bash SoBe you disrespect many of the locals there & one of them happens to be Stryke (one of your favs). So tell me, how does what I said have anything to do with Shaun??

by the way, Shaun was at home on Saturday night & not in Lauderdale...;)

see thread below for an interesting discussion on Shaun Rudnick by Saleen & Biz.

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=134702&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I believe, the one who needs to show respect is you.:rolleyes:

ummm, sean is playing lauderdale, we have only seen one dj EVER in LAUDERDALE, AND THAT IS SEAN..... He knows, me , da jew, da hog, dui and the rest of my lauderdale crew. My good friend is the bartender at both places he spins. So when we say lets go to lauderdale, we go see where sean is spinning, and we were not sure if he got or started the lauderdale job... Thats the point.. So yes, if sean was spining, it would have been a much better time... chicks, cheap drinks, and decent tunes compared to 6.5 hours of boring blaaaaa. If you played 6.5 hours like that in NJ, they would storm the booth and beat the hell out of you...

Anyone that knows my lauderdale club stories beside of star bar reviews, knows all my time is spent listening to sean spin.... the dude over at voodoo is good, but if there is once place on earth i can't get hooked up at, it is vodoo.... I had to sneak in one night, thats how tight that joint is with comps and hook ups, where as the other bars throw beers at me...

biz, its useless arguing, even oscars friends told him the sound was fucked, yet you think its a trend thing.... you never once rip any dj apart that plays space. and you never once say anything unbiased.... whereas, i post my honest opinons.. aka there were hot chicks, and the sound sucked, and both sets sucked, and all the cp reviews are exactly the same for the most part..

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

As clubbers we have earned the right to be critics. We pay to get into the place, buy drinks.

not if you are Saleen. He gets in free at Space & Spin thru my guest list & sometimes ends up with a free drink or 2 on me.

Also, I believe he mentioned he won't pay cover at certain clubs- see the eddieg soldier thread where he told David Padilla that he would come see him if he didnt pay a cover.

So does that officially wave Saleen's rights to critizice??

I should have been a lawyer...

not if you are Saleen. He gets in free at Space & Spin thru my guest list & sometimes ends up with a free drink or 2 on me.

Also, I believe he mentioned he won't pay cover at certain clubs- see the eddieg soldier thread where he told David Padilla that he would come see him if he didnt pay a cover.

Just because Saleen gets in for free and gets some free drinks doesnt make him special. I really do think he has 2 identities to him. A cool guy and then the total opposite, a dick. He cant drink for shit though. He pukes.

Originally posted by saleen351

ummm, sean is playing lauderdale, we have only seen one dj EVER in LAUDERDALE, AND THAT IS SEAN..... He knows, me , da jew, da hog, dui and the rest of my lauderdale crew. My good friend is the bartender at both places he spins. So when we say lets go to lauderdale, we go see where sean is spinning, and we were not sure if he got or started the lauderdale job... Thats the point.. So yes, if sean was spining, it would have been a much better time... chicks, cheap drinks, and decent tunes compared to 6.5 hours of boring blaaaaa. If you played 6.5 hours like that in NJ, they would storm the booth and beat the hell out of you...

Anyone that knows my lauderdale club stories beside of star bar reviews, knows all my time is spent listening to sean spin.... the dude over at voodoo is good, but if there is once place on earth i can't get hooked up at, it is vodoo.... I had to sneak in one night, thats how tight that joint is with comps and hook ups, where as the other bars throw beers at me...

1. you should have said you were going to listen to Shaun and not to Lauderdale. Instead, you put words in my mouth (which seems to be the only thing you are consistant with)

2. Miami isn't Joisey. Never will be...

btw, you can thank me later for entering Space this past saturday. If I recall correctly you were banned for your outburst with management- the friday of Stryke vs Edgar V. If it wasn't for me or my list, you would of had to post a review from the parking lot. :rolleyes:

We could sit here all day back and forth. I'm not mad at ya, I just "tell it like it is"...

Guest saleen351

biz, as much as i rip on your clubs, and i gotta admit part of the time, its fun to push your buttons, and other times i know how to work the "system" to get free hook ups, but I know that you know, if you ever called me and asked me to support a night and to promote it or hype it, i would for you...

I always bring people to your events...

i got three older broads that are hooked on your hip hop room, so i gave them your email....

merry xmas and may your stocking be filled with guido anthem cds...

Guest saleen351

1. you should have said you were going to listen to Shaun and not to Lauderdale. Instead, you put words in my mouth (which seems to be the only thing you are consistant with)

2. Miami isn't Joisey. Never will be...

btw, you can thank me later for entering Space this past saturday. If I recall correctly you were banned for your outburst with management- the friday of Stryke vs Edgar V. If it wasn't for me or my list, you would of had to post a review from the parking lot. :rolleyes:

We could sit here all day back and forth. I'm not mad at ya, I just "tell it like it is"...

i'm retired......;)

ps i did look for marcus, does he have long hair? I don't remeber, and does he have a british acent? any ways i did look for him, but i wasn't gonna apologize, just shake his hand....

Guest saleen351

I know you like to push my buttons. I remember once telling you that I'm not mad at you & I don't take things personal but I will be right behind ya breathin' down your neck on cp. and that's just the way it is...

Happy Christmas & a Merry New Year!!;)

GUIDO ANTHEMS SHALL RAIN DOWN IN SPACE IN 2003.......

brian i want that chick to sit on my face for xmas and suffocate mee

omfggg

look at her waist line

sickk stomach

deff has a slammin pussy too

none of that FUPA shit

ya know like when they got that fat upper pussy area

no but not her , her tummy slopes right down into the box i bet

yummm

IM FILTHYYYYYY NASTYYY

lolol

Originally posted by andrewthomas

brian i want that chick to sit on my face for xmas and suffocate mee

omfggg

look at her waist line

sickk stomach

deff has a slammin pussy too

none of that FUPA shit

ya know like when they got that fat upper pussy area

no but not her , her tummy slopes right down into the box i bet

yummm

IM FILTHYYYYYY NASTYYY

lolol

Come to jersey and there are many that look like her that will do as you please. But you will have to leave Saleen at home. ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Come to jersey and there are many that look like her that will do as you please. But you will have to leave Saleen at home. ;)

oh bro i know all about it

from hamptons to SF to TEmps back to some hotel and wake up few days later forgetting where u are with some girls u just met 2 days before

im from up north and im always back up there

plzz dont think im from down here