Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny Howells at Vinyl (arc) REview

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hotcheme

do you think he was serious about that? i hope so. ;)

I didn't hear him say 4 hours.. I heard him say a "breaks special" so I was assuming 2 hours or so.. I seriously doubt he's gonna do 4 hours.. he'll end up clearing the place out.. not because the breaks will be bad but just because the majority of people there just stand there all confused when breaks are on..

Originally posted by codica3

I didn't hear him say 4 hours.. I heard him say a "breaks special" so I was assuming 2 hours or so.. I seriously doubt he's gonna do 4 hours.. he'll end up clearing the place out.. not because the breaks will be bad but just because the majority of people there just stand there all confused when breaks are on..

yeah that was kinda my feeling. though one can always hope. :)

. . .OK . . I think I'm coherant enough now to actually write a review of the nights festivities . . . Again, if I omit any characters and or highlights, I do apologize because everything became a tizzy blur after about 3:30 . . . Also, please forgive me if this rambles . . .

. . Originally I wasn't gonna actually get out of the house for this one . . I spent most of saturday checkin the board to see who was going . .not much activity so I was less than thrilled (takes ALOT to get me out of the house these days, and if the crew aint gonna be in effect, those chances go down hill faster than a Ford Expedition with shitty brakes on a 45 degree incline . . ) . . SO, I disco napped at 8:30 and awoke at 10:30 groggy, foggy headed and Not at all in the mood to go out . .

. . Then I checked the board . .

. . . And noticed that Teklord's thread had been hit by none other than everyones favorite fountain of wit and comedy, Tunnelbandit . . . I said to myself right there "If this cat is going, its a sign from the gods and I MUST go!" . . . Sure enough he was going so I said fuck it and got in the shower around 12 . . .

. . . Drove down the west side, got pulled at 125th street for doing 74 in a 50 (joy, but I was NOT deterred) . . . and then made my way down to ARC . .

. . Got there around 1:45, walked in and was swept over by Howells banging it out on the main floor . . . The night just got better from there . . .

. . . (argh, I hate my attention span right now) . . .

. . . . . Ok, movin right along . . . The rest of the night was pretty much spent moving between Howells banging it out in the main room (big props to him for pulling it off without his records, thats gotta be one hell of a stress factor and he worked it nicely . .) and Bill Patrick in the Arcade ( Also throwing it down with aplomb, this guy has the potential to be the next hometown hero! . . ) . .

. . . I'd like to give props to:

Kiko2o1(thanx for the props on the writing man, I appreciate it :) ), Cody, Tunnelbandit 'n Foxyroxy, Teklord, Sai, Loch (HOLY SHIT!!!, awesome seein ya get down wit us at ARC), Ron, Eric, Gregg, Andy, Jayp and all others that I might have forgotten because I'm definitely still a crackhead from this weekend . . .

. . . But like any of you would expect anything less . . . ;) . . Love ya all . . .

. . . I'd like to give an extra special shout to Hotcheme . . Darlin, you can get down to tha funky technique . . :D . . . Keep Rockin! . . February is practically right around the corner . .

. . I was kinda sad that The Menace (aka Toughguy, aka Shannon), Johnny, Jay and Zehra weren't there . . . They would have added to the crew nicely . . .

. . . All in all I had one of the best nights that I've had in a while this past saturday . . I really can't wait till the end of Feb . . .

. . Peace out Kiddies,

-Phonk :aright: . . .

Originally posted by cesarleo

Am I the only one that thinks breaks are boring?:confused:

. . . Dude, if you couldn't appreciate that old skool flava that he put a spin on Saturday night, then I really don't know what to say . . But ohhh . .thats right . . Silly me, I forgot that I was in New York for a second . . . Oh the irony . . .

Hey guys.... the track with the little girl is actually something I wrote. The little girl's name is Tamber. She is the daughter of a friend of mine. I had actually just finished the track on Friday so I was very happy to have Danny play it on saturday. Glad you guys all enjoyed it.

by the way, the vocals go...

mommy likes techno

daddy likes breaks

I like them both

as long as they have bass

- Hisham

Originally posted by nativetheory

Hey guys.... the track with the little girl is actually something I wrote. The little girl's name is Tamber. She is the daughter of a friend of mine. I had actually just finished the track on Friday so I was very happy to have Danny play it on saturday. Glad you guys all enjoyed it.

by the way, the vocals go...

mommy likes techno

daddy likes breaks

I like them both

as long as they have bass

Hey..thanks for clearing that up..Uncle Hish...since I am only three and a half years old...:tongue: ...and no Danny is not my daddy...although I think my mommy wishes he was....:D

Glad you all liked the track...and in case anyone was wondering...I was wearing ear plugs...my mommy made me...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . Dude, if you couldn't appreciate that old skool flava that he put a spin on Saturday night, then I really don't know what to say . . But ohhh . .thats right . . Silly me, I forgot that I was in New York for a second . . . Oh the irony . . .

I was never there on Saturday.....just stating my opinion.

since when??

:confused:

everytime i've seen him at arc, which is a lot, the crowd is getting more loose during the breaks then any other time of the nite :confused:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

had to make time for a post on this one...... I brought my friend Ari out for my last Howells for roughly 5 months..... he hadn't been clubbing in almost 2 years and had the best time ever... danced with the old lady (Eric you're da big poppa should of went for that hehe) Danny was Amazing

It was nice to see the small choice crowd there enough room for dancing and a great vibe

MIKEY PHUNK! you're vibe is everlasting...thanks for getting me up towards the end (as usual) and many more thanks for the ride uptown we gotta talk more go for what you want out of life so you can always feel free

Melissa nice to see you still dance till the end girl :)

CODY you made it!!!! regardless of the people in your space hehe enjoy your hat Hope you eventually find Scotty

BIGPOPPA hope your knees are okay good thing you had left of the techno would have grinded you into a pulp...although you would have enjoyed it glad you were out!

Robin--- must not stop moving! hehe

yeah Pod I saw ya where are those pics going up...cooljunkie??

Yarin---nice to see ya kid....

Ron--- keep spinnin' Roha :)

SAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA where did you go!? if you weren't two different people haha it's like we switched p[laces with each other at one point nice to see you

I know I met more people but never got names.... missed a few that were absent but I'll see ya when I get back.....

oh and the CD that Danny gave out to the first 100 there....anyone else get it....amazing atleast I can take it with me :)

all love if I can't make it out before I leave dance for me :)

Originally posted by PFloyd40

since when??

:confused:

everytime i've seen him at arc, which is a lot, the crowd is getting more loose during the breaks then any other time of the nite :confused:

Haha.. since everytime I've heard breaks there.. i.e. this Saturday Danny dropped some breaks and I turned around and looked at the crowd.. there were a hell of a lot of people there still for 7am, but everyone was just facing the DJ booth staring at Danny spin. Ask anyone that was there. ;)

Haha.. since everytime I've heard breaks there.. i.e. this Saturday Danny dropped some breaks and I turned around and looked at the crowd.. there were a hell of a lot of people there still for 7am, but everyone was just facing the DJ booth staring at Danny spin. Ask anyone that was there. ;)

well then apparently me and you have never been there together LOL.. cuz the crowd is always getting loose and the vibe is always most intense at that time when i'm there...