Clubplanet Nightlife Community

movie: " Gangs of new york"

Guest gabo

Guest gabo

I recommend it to everyone! it was a great movie but very long, about 3 hours and 20 minutes. The time went pretty fast though.

it was very very violent so it wouldnt make a great first date movie.

Guest gabo
Originally posted by gqraver

The movies is only 2 hours and 40 something minutes I think, but that still is quite long.

I enjoyed the movie too, Daniel Day Lewis did a great job.

peace

our movie started 10:30 and ended at 1:50.

did we get the long version or something?

wasnt that first scene fucking brutal!?

Originally posted by gabo

our movie started 10:30 and ended at 1:50.

did we get the long version or something?

wasnt that first scene fucking brutal!?

Sounds like I am going to have to check this one out... Is it playing all over... Or is it only in a limited amount of theatres?

i saw this saturday night and thought it was amazing...definitely too gorey (sp.)...reminded me of the violence in Braveheart and Gladiator...but perhaps the director felt it necessary in the telling of the story...

i would be completely surprised if danielle day lewis does not receive an academy nomination if not award for his performance..he was just that good...and even though i am not a fan of leo, he did an excellent job as well...

the movie is 2 hours and 40 minutes long...i know this because we made it by the skin of our teeth and just caught it from the beginning...i am in the minority that did not think the movie was too long...seemed just right to me...

I also saw the move on fri and loved it. Even my girlfriend who hates movies like this agreed that is was a great story. And i dont think the length was a problem since the movie didnt drag at all. Im gonna get that dvd in 5months. Makesyou wonder about what was around 200yrs ago where are favorite clubs are now.

Originally posted by gothzane

Caught it last night...titanic boy didnt screw it up...definitly impressed.

:flame:

Funny though...how some moronic parents take their little kids to a late show of a movie consisting of violence and racial vulgarity....idiots never cease to amaze me.

Funny thing is these are the same parents who probably complain about things being to violant on TV and in Music... Etc... Etc...