Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The future of Progressive?

Is anyone else out there getting bored of Progressive House? It just seems to be getting so stale. I think I might go back to listening to deep house like they used to play in Centro 1999-2000!! Anybody have any thoughts on where music will take us for 2003 and beyond?

I'm seeing a more soulful groove....

Originally posted by underwater

i agree....but progressive was and still is the choice of the top dj's....began its decline in 2001...but has finally run out of gas end of 2002.....what genre is capturing your interest for 2003?

Atmospheric Drum n Bass, Funky Breaks, Detroit Techno...when done right (and they often are), the music is just fantastic.

I dunno...I'm always looking for variety. Quite frankly, I'd like to see some more of it in the parties in this city. Before anyone starts listing all the different genres that comes through here, keep in mind that not everyone can hit every good party that comes along. Like everyone says, NYC is a house city...honestly, while that is true, that does limit the scope of what the parties here have to offer. Personally, I hope that doesn't stay that way for long...let's see what 2003 brings.

i definitely have been starting to feel out funky breaks....detroit techno is what got me into this whole thing to begin with...i used to buy crazy techno albums when i was 13....but then dropped it when i was 16 and switched back to rock for a year and a half....then got bit by the progressive bug 1998....never looked back since....i think techno is going to make a big comeback soon....

prog has its place, and hopefully its not "dead" enough that people stop producing it, cus i happen to rather like some of it!

I think techno has definatly been on the rise this year, (thank you tomaz & filterheadz for 1!) but i think it can only go so far, a lot of people just cant handle good techno outside of a club setting, and thats what it takes to "blow up"! and as great as techno is, many people need a vocal with their music, and Techno + Vocals dont mix (in my humble opinion)

although i can tell you that techno is making headway in the hard dance seen this year, thanks to the london techno boys (DAVE the drummer, etc) with a bunch of tracks from labels like Hydraulix being included on many hard dance compilations...people are tired of big airy synths nowadays, and need to be scared into dancing! lol

who knows what the sound of 2003 will be but i have a suggestion...

Ultra Progressive Uplifting Nu Skool Funky Tech House!

as soon as i produce the first track of this newly created genre - it will take New York by storm!