Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Groovefire & Andrew Newcombe @ Pravda - Friday

groovefire

11929.jpg

2003 officially kicks into full swing when GLO Fridays @ Pravda resident DJs Todd Hanna & Phil Jakob return on Friday, January 3rd, with special guest Andrew Newcombe (Beat Khemistry/Muziklab/91.3FM).

Pravda 116

January 3rd, 10pm-2am

116 Boylston Street, Boston

21+, proper dress required.

For reduced guestlist, please email names to VIP@groovefire.com. Tell them at the door you're there for "Groovefire". For more information, visit http://www.groovefire.com.

Originally posted by kaydup

This is so tempting. I will have to see, I am in kind of a take it slow and not get dressed up night.

C'mon!!! Look, you wanna come see us SOMEDAY, don't you? Well, believe me, we're not gonna be at Pravda forever. They are really pressing to reformat the night into hip hop, top 40 and commercial vocal house, which we will NEVER play, so chances are our time is almost up there. Come down before it's too late.

Originally posted by groovefire

C'mon!!! Look, you wanna come see us SOMEDAY, don't you? Well, believe me, we're not gonna be at Pravda forever. They are really pressing to reformat the night into hip hop, top 40 and commercial vocal house, which we will NEVER play, so chances are our time is almost up there. Come down before it's too late.

wtf are they doing that for??? Both times I went there the dancefloor was already packed by 11 & stayed that way. Were those just flukes???

i heard a while ago that pravda was going to 're-tool' fridays...which is why i was pleasently surprised to see you guys keep going...whatever times is tough and it'll turn around for the quality dj's...

andrew is one of the most consistent dj's i've ever seen...guaranteed quality stuff

Whatever happens happens. We remain unwavering in our commitment to play true house music wherever we are, Pravda or elsewhere, and the crowd has always responded positively, ALWAYS. And tonight will be no different. If anything, in the face of such an absurb and baseless change, we'll only step it up a notch.

House music will overcome, some day. Viva La Revolucion!