Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HOLY SHIT!!That had to be the coolest night of my life!

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

OK so last night, I started off planning to sit on my ass....

...and ended up DJ'ing at the Whiskey (W hotel off times square)!!!! :woah:

First time EVER playing out - it was SUCH an amazing experience!!! Total rush! The first set I played at the beginning of the night was a bit lost on a still-sober and very mainstream crowd, but I still had a nice little crowd that was willing to dance and everyone was at least bouncing around at the bars and tables. I was alternating with the hip hop DJ, and so after a while, I had some people come up to the booth and ask me to please go back and spin another set, along with some other really flattering comments :):D - so round 2 came along and this time I had a bigger crowd out on the floor, much more energy, got to take what I was spinning a little deeper, and I rang in the new year in the best way possible - behind the decks with headphones around my neck!!!! :D :D :D I had a third set about an hour later and ROCKED the place - I don't know if it was that I had gotten people inside after the ball drop who were just more true partiers and knew the music, or if everyone was drunk enough to forget that they don't hear house on the radio every day, but nearly everyone was up, dancing and singing along to my tracks - All I have to say is - WOW :eek: WHAT an INCREDBLE RUSH it was to get behind the decks and have people whistling, cheering and clapping for ME - I loved how people would come by the booth and show support and everything! I am STILL just GLOWING I'm so happy!!!

Two things I noticed though -

1)Exactly how different people's response is to music they know versus music they don't - both with my tracks and even with my hip hop DJ's tracks - people are realllly creatures of habit and comfort. :shaky:

2) Being a girl behind the decks is GREAT - everyone was like, really surprised and impressed and most people that came to the booth to chat with me said that they've never seen a girl DJ before :laugh2: Everyone was sooooo nice and it's pretty rare that so many people have such enthusiastic comments all at once!

OK I'm going to go bounce around my house and be giddy some more 'cause I'm still not over how COOL last night was and how cool my crowd was!!!

Oh yeah and HUGE thanks goes out to DJ Jordan Laws, the hip hop DJ, for giving me my big chance And btw if anyone ever needs a GREAT hip hop DJ - this guy rules! I was really impressed with HIM!!

WoW...That definetely sounds like an amazing night! :D :D :D

Originally posted by vicman

nye? watching sportcenter talking on the phone semi-stoned and drunk. then i went to centro fly around 2am and later made it to arc.

what about you?

i was spinning at a private party somewhere in brooklyn. after the champagne and 1/2 a crown royal i packed up and went to some private lounge around chinatown to meet up with others. ended up not going to arc like i planned...