Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space NYE The Review !

sobeton

Firstly Happy New Year To Everyone, may we all have a prosperous and healthy 2003. :)

well got to Space at around 2:00am; when I got in Oscar G was laying the funk down..he started 2003 by just bringing the beats hard and furious. Edgar V followed laying down a smooth set; that kept the crazy crowd going. dipped out to the patio to catch some of Roly’s set very nice; he had the peeps out there dancing up a storm. strolled back into the blue room Stryke was on the decks.. his set was awesome, but I was pissed I had no energy left to do anything, but sit and listen to his set. which was perfectly fine with me, because his set was extremely enjoyable to listen to. David Padilla followed what I heard was very nice, definitely had the crowd still going at 8:30am. I was done for the night at 9:00am.

Major props to Space for proving once again, you don’t need to have a superstar DJ on NYE. particularly when you have in house talent, which is simply outstanding. the crowd was crazy, a whole lot of energy in da house ..:cool:

big ups to the CP folk in the house Dave, Koky, Leo, Steffy, Gregg, Dan, Danny, Carla, Abby, Joey, Eric, Ramon, and Marco.

special props to Tony for the dramatic early morning Space story, and get some damn food in that big ass refrigerator. :laugh::D

glad u guys had fun...sounds awesome...i have spent my last 3 yr NYE at space...and i needed a change...also me and Meli were running very very very short on money...i wish i was there with u guys to ring in the new year....but i did catch a special intimate set by Jimmy T. @ his sister's house for New Years....(there was also a special Bugaloo dj set:tongue: )....i had a great New Years and i hope only the best for all the CP people....

ps

WHEN ARE WE DOING A FAREWELL TO JOEYGK PARTY????!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

so got to space around 11 we got our table in VIP and were put in the corner at the smallest table ever made-barely enough room for even the bottles:(

then we were told we could not have a couch b/c they were "reserved" which of course they were not...

we were moved at least 4 times and finally moved to a couch where we sdould have been in the first place...my opinion VIP was not worth it!

Countdown was cool...free champagne:) follwed immediately by dark beat:)

the music was great...edgar was amazing (even though he didnt play requests:( ) gonna hold u to your word next time edgar!!!

overall i had a blast definitely a new years to remember...

we tried to get out to the patio around 7 or 8 and it was awful...masses of ppl pushing and shoving to get outside...never seen it like that...we decided screw it jumped the barricade and went against traffic back inside...heard a little of strykes set but was losing energy fast so we left shortly after he came on...

as ALWAYS had fun hanging out w/Steffy, Joey, Koky, Leo, Tony(even though u burned a hole in my fuckin shirt and scalded my arm:laugh: ), Dave, Edgar, Ramon,and anyone else i forgot:)

as for the joeygk going away party...he is leaving fri night or sat morning and says he is not going out again:( :( has to pack etc...but im sure we can change his mind:laugh:

I had a great time at Space .. minus the drama at the door regardless. Roland played a class set on the Patio. Edgar dropped 'Seven Cities' and made me remember 1999 all over again. Stryke was Stryke .. hard techno from the get go .. finished up with some acid influenced techno .. seriously nasty basslines and just acid acid acid.

David Padilla came on after Stryke and started off with the Ashtrax mix of For An Angel .. I was very surprised to hear that out .. great record .. sounded fuckin wicked! :)

Overall a great night minus some antics by some people.

Nice seeing everyone.

Stef, Abby , Koky, Happyface, Tony, Carla and her sister, Marcos, Danny, Joey, Edgar, Oscar, Greg, Jason, Biz, Roland.

MAD PROPS TO THE FRIDGE CREW. javascript:smilie(':eek:')

javascript:smilie(':eek:')

javascript:smilie(':eek:')

definately an awsome night @ SPACE !! except for the v.i.p. treatment . IT FUCKIN SUCKED !! never getting it again..

but the rest of the night was just awsome !!

great hangin with the crew .. happyface, tony , joey, abby , eldurino , greg(fury) , digital , xtreme1, ramon, & of coarse STEFF ..... & anyone i 4 got im trully sorry but i was in la la land 98% of the time i was there:D we even got to hang ith some of the in house talent that was there ... EDGAR V hung with us till he went on in the vip & as always a great set by da man !!! also got to hang a bit with padilla & shoot the shit 4 awhile .. im trully pissed i couldnt catch his set but i was destroyed by that time & was time to seek help out of the club ..

trully missed last night was of coarse part of my partners in crime melli & mattas !! you 2 were trully missed & i was sad you guys couldnt make it :( :( i really wanted you 2 there but i understand your situation & for that i 4give you :D

well , im still in the emergency room recuperating... :D see you all @ the next party !! love always , koky

Happy New Years!!!!!

Got to Space around 1:30am. It was raining but I wasn't going to let that spoil the night. Oscar was spinning in the main room and Shawn was spinning in the patio. Oscar was playing a massive set. He was truly feeling it and having a lot of fun back there. He really had the crowd going crazy. Even played Super California (it had been a while since he last played it). It was good to see the blueroom with all that energy. Around 3:00am decided to head to the patio and listen to Shawn's set and he had that patio packed. He also was having a great set. 1st time ever hearing Shawn play and I really digging it. He is truly talented as a producer/DJ. Thanx for the cd heard it all today I really enjoyed it. Around 4:30am Roland got on the decks and did he go nuts. He worked that mixer all night. Throwing accapella's and scratching he was just making things happen. I don't think the crowd stopped jumping the whole night. His last hour was just sick deep progressive which was just great. The night was great all around. Definetly started the New Year off on the right track.

Happy New Year to Biz, Roly, Shawn, Diego, and Oscar I wish you guys all the best in 2003.

Originally posted by flyingfestoon

as for the joeygk going away party...he is leaving fri night or sat morning and says he is not going out again:( :( has to pack etc...but im sure we can change his mind:laugh:

WHAT???!!!

he said he was leaving Jan. 10?:confused: ...well just let me know what u guys are doing for him, even if its just drinks at the beach...me and Meli will def. be there....lets at least get some drinks somewhere....keep me informed!!!!

Originally posted by koky

trully missed last night was of coarse part of my partners in crime melli & mattas !! you 2 were trully missed & i was sad you guys couldnt make it :( :( i really wanted you 2 there but i understand your situation & for that i 4give you :D

I WISH WE COULD'VE BEEN THERE TOO HONEY. I REALLY MISSED YOU ALL. I PROMISE I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU. SO, WHEN'S THE PARTY? ;):tongue:

I had a grate time @ Space. Got there around 5:30 or so and the party was kicking. The music in the main room was ok but, I was mostly intrigued by DJ Roland out on the patio. Was it me or where more people out on the patio the in the main room at around 7?

Being from NY I found it funny that if you wanted to cool off you actually dad to go inside the club.

Any way NYE in Miami was a blast.

Originally posted by bogb

I was mostly intrigued by DJ Roland out on the patio. Was it me or where more people out on the patio the in the main room at around 7?

Being from NY I found it funny that if you wanted to cool off you actually dad to go inside the club.

Any way NYE in Miami was a blast.

i think Roly is very underrated...his Lunar sessions is one the best in Miami....glad u had a blast, i guess u will be back for WMC?;)