Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYears RIP OFF AT FLOAT

TOTAL RIP OFF. CLUB DID NOT BEGIN LETTING PEOPLE IN UNTIL AFTER 11:00 - ONLY VIP WERE LET IN - PEOPLE HAD TO PAY BOUNCERS TO GET IN. ZERO CROWD CONTROL

TOTAL MISREPRESENTATION BY CLUBPLANET FOR POSTING. PLACE WAS OVERCROWDED- ID'S WERE NOT CHECKED - NO FOOD WAS SERVED. NOTHING THAT WAS OFFERED FOR THE $150 ADMISSION WAS PROVIDED. WILL NEVER USE CLUBPLANET AND THEIR ASSOCIATES AGAIN. NOR WILL ANYONE I KNOW. WE WERE ROBBED WITH THE TICKET PRICE. FLOAT SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED FOR RENTING THEIR SPACE TO SUCH AMATEUR PROMOTERS. MAY THEY BURN IN HELL.

You know, I don't think any of this is clubplanet's fault. Clubplanet's selling the tickets or posting on this board in no way implies involvement with the party planning or execution. Many OTHER promoters PAY clubplanet to put up posts about their parties so as to get the word out to more people, and CP acts as a venue for their advertising.

The poor follow-through is almost guaranteed to be the fault either of Float or the actual promoters of the event - of which I doubt Clubplanet was one. So suggest instead that THOSE parties burn in hell because it's their doing if the night was run properly. Just a suggestion - do you research on how the event is run and by whom before freaking out at people who very likely were not responsible. If you DO want to direct your comments to the proper people, call both the nightclub and whichever promoters are listed on the fliers or other advertising material - that way you'll actually be getting to the culprit.

Sorry your new years' event sucked though - it's never fun being ripped off and unfortunately with this industry, it's highly unlikely that you'll see reparations.

btw: I don't work for Clubplanet - but I have worked with them and I think they're a very professional and honest organization.

but there is guilt by association -

if clubplanet doesn't feel a need to check their advertisers "reputations" and does not feel bad scamming people for their money - then so be it - but jsut dont expect people to come back for more.

its a busniess decision

make the quick buck or

work with good people and bulid a reputable business..

this is one reason i never purchased tickets from clubplanet because i dont trust them 100% because of hearing stories liek this.

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

its a busniess decision

make the quick buck or

You make it sound as if there's a choice in this industry.

I've found at least 90% of promoters to be VERY shady and fuck people over in some way, eventually, and repeatedly - those that aren't fucked up like that are usually running very underground parties and just breaking even if not losing money, so where would they get the $500 a week to pay clubplanet with a good chance that their small-scale, genre-specific event wouldn't draw the mainstream heads anyway?

But saying you could find those good promoters by some magic screening process - that would leave you with 10% of the possible industry to draw revenue off of. Enough to support a business? Not likely. So it's more a decision of - take your chances on the competency of the people running the MANY parties you are sponsoring, or just fold and go home 'cause you're bankrupt.

I appreciate your idealism and I wish it worked that way but it just doesn't gel with reality.

from a legal standpoint i guess CP could be held liable for Float's actions. Theyre acting as an agent of the club..

BUT...

SINCE this is CLUBLAND and not the real world..these rules dont apply. Clubland is a special place...where there are almost as many shady promoters as there is drug paraphenelia . u cant blame clubplanet for FLOAT employees acting like assholes.

i dont know how new u r to clubbing..but Yah..shit happens. Clubs can choose who gets in and who doesnt...and if u dont fit the description of the type of person they want inside..guess what? ...better button up that coat buddy..its only gona get colder on that line...

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

but there is guilt by association -

if clubplanet doesn't feel a need to check their advertisers "reputations" and does not feel bad scamming people for their money - then so be it - but jsut dont expect people to come back for more.

its a busniess decision

make the quick buck or

this is one reason i never purchased tickets from clubplanet because i dont trust them 100% because of hearing stories liek this.

Why would you not purcase tickets from us? First, you have to understand NYE is a completely different day than any other day of the year. We work with a lot of people that we have never worked with before. Sometime the promoters do not always deliver what they promised our customers or us.

Do you hold TicketMaster liable when you go to a poor concert? We are a ticket broker, not in anyway connected to the event itself.

Our tickets always work and we stand behind our services 100%. What you have here is a user venting about a poor party. We follow-up on all complaints and work with the promoters to make sure there are no problems.

If you're planning on going to an event, where would you buy tickets from?

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

Clubland is a special place...where there are almost as many shady promoters as there is drug paraphenelia .

I think that statement should be the first commandment in the Clubland Bible...

I also, do not work for cp, but i've used them for tickets time and again, and i've worked with them during New Years when they're hauling ass to get everyone, everything that they need...

trust me, i've been to my share of shitty parties... infact last year the south street seaport event comes to mind... i bought my tickets from CP, but it was a stuck on earth run event... the next day i was sure to aim my angst at SOE, who poorly planned and made the party the mess that it was... all cp did was say that i'd have a ticket... can't knock them for that....

Originally posted by joeg

I

trust me, i've been to my share of shitty parties... infact last year the south street seaport event comes to mind... i bought my tickets from CP, but it was a stuck on earth run event... the next day i was sure to aim my angst at SOE, who poorly planned and made the party the mess that it was... all cp did was say that i'd have a ticket... can't knock them for that....

What the fuck are you talking abotu Destination Was AMAZING :D

Except for momma sorry momma But It was like being 4 all over again

i may have overstated my thougts on this one!

what i presented was an ideal - but i still think it holds a little weitght.

If someone wanted their night on CP - and CP knew this person had ripped off people in the past - would you still find CP to be free of any reprimand? Im not saying this has happened - but its a possible situation

(especially if they sell ad space to the people that threw the party in question)

Im just saying, as with all advertising, the person running that ads has a say in what they choose to advertise - and many companies have high standards, others do not.

The reason I dont buy tickets from CP, or any kind of internet tickets ( I should have specified) - is because i am experianced clubgoer - and i know how all it takes is for someone at the door to be like - we dont accept those - and the nights over!

I pay a little premiuem at the door, but i know there will be no hassle..i guess im just a pushover!

and CP knew this person had ripped off people in the past -

Well if you read Dave's response - I get the feeling that he hadn't worked with these people before. Especially 'cause it's new years, there are a lot of people that come out of the woodwork - it's amateur night, as somebitch said, so who knows what could happen. Sometimes you take a chance on these things and they don't work out, but I'm sure it's unlikely these same people will get a contract as easily again.