Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Giant Village review

I'm sure most won't really care about this event b/c it wasn't in NY but I wanna give you a little insight in regards to the best dance New Year's in the U.S. this year.

Now, thanks to NY weather, my flight to Los Angeles was delayed, but got in around 9 pm. Now b/c LA has strict alcohol policy, bar closes at 1:15...so the idea is to get there early and blitzed...

Get to the Westin Bonaventure (hotel where True Lies, In the Line of Fire). The street is blocked off, and you can already hear the pounding music of Luke Fair from blocks away! I'm like oh shit, this is gonna be a monster party. Over 7000 people there easy. And the women, well, LA women are the best, hands down.

Since we got in a little late and trying to get fucked up early, we kinda missed most of Danny Howell's set, which run in the new year. Instead we hit up Crystal Method in the other area. They were pretty decent.

By 1 am, Tall Paul was workin it on the main floor. He closed w/ one of Picotto's tracks just in time for PVD to hit the decks. And I flew all the way there just to hear him drop "Nothing but you" and he opened & closed w/ that shit. Un-fuckin-believable. His set was ok at best but what a way to start & end it. The crowd wasn't as into his set either for some reason. In fact, dare I say, Mark Farina upstaged his set, and we headed over there! I had to fly out the next morning, and missed Armin Van Buuren & Ferry Corsten who are there today. The weather was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky.

Then I arrive back to NY...38 & raining. Magical trip... I think Giant for New Years might just have to be an annual event, especially since PVD makes it so.