Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Celine Dion-I Drove All Night (Hex Hector mix)

fliz77

Yeah its cheesey...anything Hex Hector does is cheesy. Especially his newer crap...hear Mariah Carey, Through the Rain mixes he did? BLEH! The only mix I've ever heard of his that I've liked was Stranger in My House by Tamia... I have no idea how he ever won a Grammy...

As far as mainstream pop remixers go, the guys from Thunderpuss put him to shame.

Originally posted by mangos

Yeah its cheesey...anything Hex Hector does is cheesy. Especially his newer crap...hear Mariah Carey, Through the Rain mixes he did? BLEH! The only mix I've ever heard of his that I've liked was Stranger in My House by Tamia... I have no idea how he ever won a Grammy...

As far as mainstream pop remixers go, the guys from Thunderpuss put him to shame.

:laugh: :laugh: then you people see y u get wiseass remarks. another clueless moron :blown:

good one wakeup. personally, i think the mariah carey song is very good. especially the music put to the vocal. for some reason i think the vocal is too overpowering, either that or her voice is just that strong. and he one a grammy because he should have, turn to you is one of the best vocals ever made...imo

I Turn to You, the best vocal he's ever done? He didnt remix that the least bit. His extended version is just the original extended are re-looped. The reason I dont like Hector as opposed to Thunderpuss is the originality factor. Yeah the beats and remixes are arranged by him, but lets hear him come out with an original song. The guys from Thunderpuss have had hits in the club scene that we're just simple remixes.

This kid is a definition of a newbie.....I Turn To You, & Stand Still are his best ...plzzz don't act that you know how he remixed it either...your not even old enough to get into a club let alone know how a song is produced or remixed since u probally have 2 dope Fisher Price Turntables & a GI-JOE Mixer..Tpuss was good way before u got the courage to post here & haven't dropped a commercial Remix worth listening too in awhile...as for the orginality comment....Hex's Mary J - He Think He Don't Know....uses effects neva used before in commercial mix....Besides shouldn't u be lookin for a Billy Joel remix & defending Derb.

get a clue kid or ride the pine.

I Turn to You, the best vocal he's ever done? He didnt remix that the least bit. His extended version is just the original extended are re-looped. The reason I dont like Hector as opposed to Thunderpuss is the originality factor. Yeah the beats and remixes are arranged by him, but lets hear him come out with an original song. The guys from Thunderpuss have had hits in the club scene that we're just simple remixes.

have u ever heard the original album version of "i turn to u " ....of course not u moron or any of the other mixes such as tilts.

yea cause thunderpuss was real original when they were hot in 98/99, they used the same formula for all their tracks when they were hot. do us a favor if ur gonna post retarded things that u have no idea dont post cause ur just gonna get bashed.

Originally posted by njangel

Find Another Woman

I Wish I Didnt Miss You

Its Over Now

Tempermental

Mr Lonely

I Turn To You

Nobody's Supposed to Be Here

I Learned From the Best

Idol

Things Just Aint The Same

Stranger In My House

and the list goes on and on.......

BG

thanks barry ow log off ur girls name

Ha, you people with nothing better to do that spend hours and days at a time on here need to let stuff go. I'm not old enough to get into clubs? How do you know that? I am actually old enough to get into any club. Unless you're talking about the AARP, 'cause I'm not quite out of my 30s yet. Actually wont be for a good 8 years. Not that I need to justify myself to anyone on here. Second of all, I actually do know how songs are produced and remixed. Once again I dont know where you get off saying I dont...would you know who I am, or what I do for a living? I'm not gonna stoop to 5 year old mudsling, over someone who has a crush on Hex Hector. Simply stating the fact that I think Thundepuss is better at what they do. But then again, I like Derb when it came out, so what do I know, right? Not that everyone on here wasnt all over that track when it first came out. So I guess I'll leave the judging to the club rats on here, right? :rolleyes:

Ha, you people with nothing better to do that spend hours and days at a time on here need to let stuff go. I'm not old enough to get into clubs? How do you know that? I am actually old enough to get into any club. Unless you're talking about the AARP, 'cause I'm not quite out of my 30s yet. Actually wont be for a good 8 years. Not that I need to justify myself to anyone on here. Second of all, I actually do know how songs are produced and remixed. Once again I dont know where you get off saying I dont...would you know who I am, or what I do for a living? I'm not gonna stoop to 5 year old mudsling, over someone who has a crush on Hex Hector. Simply stating the fact that I think Thundepuss is better at what they do. But then again, I like Derb when it came out, so what do I know, right? Not that everyone on here wasnt all over that track when it first came out. So I guess I'll leave the judging to the club rats on here, right? :rolleyes:

your totally entitled to ur opinion but u obvioulsy have no clue on a production/remix stand point. to say hex hector is garbage/cheese is a joke and im not even a fan of any of his recent remixes probably since i turn to u. he is good at what he does and is highly respected in the scene like his work or not. next ull say well he doesnt do tracks on his own or something, which almost every producer has 1 or more workin with him they just dont get the credit. :rolleyes:

won't be outa my 30s for a good 18 years...sorry...slip of the tounge again...

i think u should slip ur tongue out of barry harris' and chris cox's ass this isnt 1999 cause they havent done anything great in a few yrs. thats just my opinion though

You're probably right when you say recently Thunderpuss hasnt done anything decent lately. I just think that in their prime the stuff they were doing was better than Hec Hextor's stuff now. There's lots of ways you can look at it I guess. Although Thunderpuss does have a song in th top 10 of Billboard's Club Music Chart and has for a few weeks now. Granted, I dont like the new song Welcome to My Head, or whatever its called, and I'm sure most people on here dont as well. But its obviously getting played, for them to place it in their top 10. They base it on airplay and their reports from club across the country I believe.

I have no crush on Hex not a fan of many of his productions...but he is simply better than Tpuss most would agree....my problem is young kids like you post here like u know what your talking about but just end up looking foolish....yes your 22 on your fake ID...& I know u know nothing about remixes & productions by the 8 posts under your belt...they speak for themselves.....plzz enlighten us on what u do for a living....& if its as novel as "I'm a Dj" prepare for more laughs....Thunderpuss now is diff then Tpuss then do to new peeps in the fold taking over Tpuss mixes & Barry Harris a silent partner wit Widelife......but you would know nothing bout that......if u posted here talkin bout music & what music u are listenig to right now (which i would love to hear a Top 10 from ya),,, before you overstate an opinion such as "anything Hex Hector does is cheesy""the guys from Thunderpuss put him to shame"......we wouldn't have this drama if u contributed to sumthin.....so exactly Who are You?

go back where ya came from.

Sorry for the Slip of Tounge again.

I tell ya these newbies.:blown:

You're probably right when you say recently Thunderpuss hasnt done anything decent lately. I just think that in their prime the stuff they were doing was better than Hec Hextor's stuff now. There's lots of ways you can look at it I guess. Although Thunderpuss does have a song in th top 10 of Billboard's Club Music Chart and has for a few weeks now. Granted, I dont like the new song Welcome to My Head, or whatever its called, and I'm sure most people on here dont as well. But its obviously getting played, for them to place it in their top 10. They base it on airplay and their reports from club across the country I believe.

well if u go by the club charts such as billboards dance and DMC mag it makes total sense why u like thunderpuss ;)

just to prove you club rats wrong...here i am...

(let the name calling commense, losers with nothing to do)

:D

what makes u assume im a clubrat? little hypocritical now arent we. i havent been a club rat in almost 3 yrs

Originally posted by wakeup

is this a remake of the old cyndi lauper track i drove all night

Which is a cover of Roy Orbison's I drove all night...

Just a lil FYI...:)

and to mangos...

NO HEX DISSING ON THIS BOARD!

He is hands down the man production wise and he has turned some songs into masterpieces. Granted he is commercial, but he is good at what he does. This also goes for his right hand men Mac and Dez who have now gone on to be extremely successful on their own as well.

RESPECT!:rock: