Clubplanet Nightlife Community

exit or roxy?!

Yoo sup peoples, I was just wondering i havent been clubbin in nyc for awhile, im in ct fairfield county so it isnt that far but I waned to hit a nice club with my girl that plays some hip-hop and techno? just wondering which club do you guys recommned for a sat nite?

Roxy Saturdays is gay night, not trying to offend anyone but thats just what it is. The music should be good though cause its peter rauhfer.. Exit saturdays has been pretty good too i hear with Junior Vasquez, but its also somewhat if not mostly a gay party.. Hope this helps

Originally posted by w3rdup

Yoo sup peoples, I was just wondering i havent been clubbin in nyc for awhile, im in ct fairfield county so it isnt that far but I waned to hit a nice club with my girl that plays some hip-hop and techno? just wondering which club do you guys recommned for a sat nite?

roxy is closed... and exit is worse than roxy... ( IMO there are so many better places to go then having to choose between those two)

IMO there are so many better places to go then having to choose between those two

Ok, well then can you recommend a few that are good to hit on sat nights? Not on gay nite or whatever :) . Would like a club that plays both hip-hop and some good techno/dance music cuz i like em both. thx!

i dont know if you read that .50 thread, however as of late i havent really been feeling hiphop, so i couldnt really even tell you which club has a decent room, or etc... however centro, has (limelight had a decent hiphop room not sure if estate has or if its any good), blah, cant think right now still burnt from yesterday...

LMAO @ Zagat's of clubbing.....a good book idea too!! Sorry, that's the publisher in me. Shecky's has a good series out but it's not exclusive to clubbers and some of the reviews are way off.

Doesn't Centro have house on Saturday or no? Look at the guestlists on this board and it should tell you a thing or two about the parties.

I haven't read the 50 cent thread yet, that should be interesting......

for tonight i recommend:

Club NV which is at 289 Spring street right near the Holland Tunnel...it has a nice lounge upstairs and downstairs spins a mix of hip-hop, house, classics, etc.

Also Vue, although this caters to an older crowd...if you guys are in the 25+ crowd you may appreciate this joint, its at 151 E. 50th street, Bring money and dress well, but it spins a mix of ktu and hot97 music thats to your liking.

And Cheetah, decent lounge, good people watching, mix of techno/hiphop/funk/ktu music, this is located at 12 W. 21st street. Dress trendy/casual..you dont have to go all out but no ufo's and addidas sweats.

One of my personal faves...Groove Jet at 286 Spring st, very comfy lounge, no attitudes at the door, cheap cover and great drinks (try the martinis!!!!), also has house, rap, etc etc etc

and the old standby: China Club at 268 W. 47th street, you know the place..lots of room to play, not too much attitude for the funlovers, and lots of dancing, expect a $20 cover and lines (get there early!). But the music is really dance friendly.

Think you'll like any one of these places man. Enjoy!

Joe

Originally posted by dgmodel

ask reddog, hes the mother fuckin zagats of clubbing...

Originally posted by w3rdup

Hey, I'm from Fairfield county too :) Actually Fairfield to be exact...u asked Exit or Roxy and I personally like Exit on sat nights...i usually leave around 6 ish before jr has even gotten warmed up, but I find the crowd more pleasant...i like how it is clearly a mixed crowd..i think it adds some spice to the party itself...plus its all house (well besides the hip hop room, but ya know what i mean)....i havent been in awhile though and i'm going tonite to see how it is...the promoters i used to work with on fridays keep urging me to go on a sat instead...i guess they have high hopes for sat now as well...

Originally posted by exitsquared4e

word, then who is doing the afterhours then, i was gona go see what saturdays were all about at exit

quite possibly nobody did afterhours, or who ever did closed the place down REAL early. I work right up the street from the place, it was locked up, grates down, and nobody around at 9:30 this morning...they are still usually letting people in at that hour on a junior saturday...

bern

Originally posted by berniec

quite possibly nobody did afterhours, or who ever did closed the place down REAL early. I work right up the street from the place, it was locked up, grates down, and nobody around at 9:30 this morning...they are still usually letting people in at that hour on a junior saturday...

bern

It was absolutly dead last night...no vibe at all...i was bored outta my mind and left early...sheldon, i apologize for leaving as soon as your set began!!! My roomate had to work early in the morning...we were waiting for you...Mr. DJ Julian or whatever the hell his name was who spun the entire time before you in the white room killed my whole mood that night with his freakin "noise" and horrible mixing...and not to mention unnecessary attitude and horrible personality...ugh!