Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Love from NYC @ Arc

Good music, good vibe but...

hardly anyone there!

In the last two hours, there was like 5 people dancing (there were others sitting around)

Didn't Body & Soul draw a packed house? What happened to that crowd?

It's not my style of music, but it could be a good party, so y'all should show up some time soon!

This was the party I wanted to go to but I'm still in Philly....do you think it was a promoting oversight or people being all partied out with the New Year and weekend just passing? Probably the latter. I definitely plan on going the next time it is thrown.

Originally posted by sheendawg

It's from 4 to midnight, right? And they don't serve alcohol? Do people come from Exit and other spots to this club?

I may have to try it that way.....go on a clubbing binge since I've been in this house all week!! I'm there for sure.

Yes, 4-12. But I didn't get there til 7:30

I didn't see people who looked like they were coming from Exit

But now you could do 24 hours of clubbing in a row (or close to it) on a regular weekend.

I wonder what they're going to do on the Sunday of President's Day. Supposedly Danny Tenaglia will be doing something then.

So start DT's thing after Love from NYC ends? Or just not have Love from NYC that night?

If the former, there will probably be a break between the two events (so the club can be cleared and cleaned), but you could go back in line and do pretty much 24 hours at Arc, if you go the distance at both events.

When is President's Day? Danny may have another loft party or something like that. I'm just wondering how the crowd that likes to drink hangs from 4-12 in a place that doesn't serve alcohol, that's why I was curious whether or not it was a late "afterhours" of sorts.

Me? I like the idea of that kind of party because it's not too late and you can get home and ready for Monday morning if that's what you have to do. I'll be sure to bring some friends with me too.

Originally posted by sheendawg

When is President's Day? Danny may have another loft party or something like that. I'm just wondering how the crowd that likes to drink hangs from 4-12 in a place that doesn't serve alcohol, that's why I was curious whether or not it was a late "afterhours" of sorts.

Me? I like the idea of that kind of party because it's not too late and you can get home and ready for Monday morning if that's what you have to do. I'll be sure to bring some friends with me too.

It's probably meant to be a party all of its own, though it is an after-after-party option for the crazier folks - but how many such people are there in NYC on a given Sunday? (we're not in Ibiza, mind you :tongue: ) Maybe Body & Soul vets could tell more. Seems like they're more of a dancing crowd, than a drinking one. And the hours are good for those who have to work on Monday. Seems to work out well with church hours too, unlike Saturday nights.

Prez Day is officially Monday Feb 17, but the party will be on Feb 16 and will probably last well into the 17th.

There is a little mention of it on the Arc site, with "Stay tuned for details"

The last Prez Day he did in NYC (that I remember) was at Twilo with Carl Cox, and lasted til almost 4 in the afternoon. I imagine he'll do something similar. Are you ready for it?

Problem with this party is it is just trying to capture the B&S crowd even though the kharma for that space is very bad.

Lots of bad blood after B&S stopped there. People dont forget that.

I and my friends will never support that space while the same manager and staff remain. Although I hear that their time is fast running out.