Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help in Orlando!

rocksteadyct

Hey all!

My friend is going to be in orlando from

Jan 10th through the 19th,

and wants to clubbing, but isnt well versed on the internet yet ;)

Do any of you know any good nights that are 18+ in orlando?

Last time i was there i stopped by the record shop and got flyers, but my friend isnt a DJ, so i dont think he'll be stopping there.

Any help would be apprciated!

PS we are used to clubs where there are relaxed dress codes, and go till 6 in the morning - is there anything like that there?

FIRST OFF..You're dreaming if you think Mickey would let O-town stay out till 6am. The cutofff is 2am unless the place serves food. You can't even venture outside with your drink, unless you enjoy the clink. I used to live downtown so I can tell you the places that go off [although I am SLIGHTLY partial because I used to spin at most of these venues]- as far as 18+ you might be SOL.

The Social- Used to be The Sapphire Supper Club. highly recommended on Tuesday night for Phat n Jazzy with DJ BMF- a mix of old skool hip hop and acid jazz.

SKY60- If you want to see and be seen, this place is ideal. It's on the rooftop above BarBQ Bar- the entrance is between there and The Social. Some of Orlando's best DJs spin there- including Guillermo, MOT, and Q-Burns. On Tuesdays they usually link up with Phat n Jazzy.

knockknock- Anyone who really likes music knows that knockknock is the best place to go to hear good tunes and get smashed. no hassle, no attitude, no cover. But the doorguy can be a dick if you're the type to wear baggy JNCOs. deep house, downtempo, funk.

AKA Lounge- On Pine Street. small door next to the Pine Street Dive, er, I mean bar. It's nice and hidden and caters to some of the better underground parties- usually thrown by the hoochies [hoochieproductions.com]. AKA is nothing like downstairs, it's very cool.. experimental hip hop, acid jazz, deep house, alternative.

If you like redundancy and foot-dragging sluts, go to Antigua. If you like 80s and retro- hit up Barbarellas or Have a Nice Day Cafe [also sluts, but the Tri Delt type]. The Delts also like to hang out at Tabu, but only go there if you worship DJ Sandy and his fukt up hair. Level VIP is always chill, but if you don't know anyone you're likely to catch attitude- also major attitude at Zinc. Blue Room is a great place to go for breaks and to dance off your booze before driving home.

Hope I helped.