Clubplanet Nightlife Community

You Have Mail

nyis4meatheads

Originally posted by vicman

where did we mention dj's in this thread?

like hawtin, vath, mills? i think there are other techno dj's out there that are more famous than he is, but i've seen him like 3 or 4 times, and he got me moving each time.

duuuude, i could go all night long with techno....SOBER! thats how much i like it.

Yeah, hawtin, vath and mills were the DJs I was referring to. I've only seen him once, but he completely kept me off the dance floor. It was just too hard, too pounding, I found it undanceable. I remember he played a techno remix of "Dirty" and I popped up, said 'I'm gonna give him another shot', and bolted to the floor. By the time I got there, he'd mixed out of it into more of the same super-hard, hard techno and I just couldn't get grooving to it.

I couldn't imagine moving to techno all night long... I think I'd have a heart attack!

Man, I really hope it isn't too too crowded for Digweed this Friday. I want to dance like a maniac! It's EXACTLY what I need!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was dancing like a maniac this Saturday at Arc to John OO Fleming, first time I ever went to a club w/o smoking up and DAMN IT WAS GOOD! I actually had energy to dance...

Regarding Christian Smith, this guys is in NYC 24/7, but I never get to seem his cause he always spins on worknights and I dont do the trial and error thing when I have to get up at 6:30 am. Next DJ worthy no-sleep-till-end-of-workday is Nick Warren on 39th in Centro...

yeah Digweed is NICE, I time I saw him in World on Detla Heavy tour and got so energized I emptied a glass of kamikaze on some guys head for being rude, ended up having a fight and being throw out on Times Square, with blood spraying all over...

That was quite an experience!

too much progressive makes me :zzz:

techno and tribal is all what the dr. ordered. at wmc last year i lost 10lbs at the tronic party i ended up all salty and sweaty from 7 non stop hours of techno goodness: misstress barbara, funk d'void, christian smith, rino cerrone, marco carola and i cant remember who else was there.

tronic and tribal gathering are my 2 "musts" for this year and probably DT night at space which is actually happeningbefore the conference starts woo-hoo!

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

And why exactly have you not hooked the two of us up?? ;):tongue: (completely kidding... if you need to help anyone on here, it's definitely teamj5)

:mad:

I've got some suprises in store for you friday :box:

Save your road trips up. There are so many good things in store for the first part of this year. :smoke:

Originally posted by CTAC

I emptied a glass of kamikaze on some guys head for being rude, ended up having a fight and being throw out on Times Square, with blood spraying all over...

"first time I ever went to a club w/o smoking up"

You fit in nicely here :D

I was thinking of heading down to ARC for Howells at the end of the month, but we'll see how things go as it gets closer.

I agree, progressive can be boring, but I really don't like too many straight-up progressive DJs anymore. I'm still tech-house crazy, that's for sure. And if a techno DJ can play on the housier side of techno, like Funk D'Void, Carl Cox, and Stacey Pullen... I am ALL for that! Loving that stuff.

You fit in nicely here :DB]

nyis4meatheads: thank you!

for you and the other technoheads outhere: just read on the NYC thread: Arc in the next 2 months: Mauro Picotto, Luke Slater, Marco Carolla!

...and Judge Jules(yes, I do like him)

About Howells: he was the DJ that made me like house music, started with Nocturnal Frequencies Anthology cd that came with Muzik magazine last year, and it was AMAZING, but now he's had too much of Tenaglia infuence, I heard this bastard even tell him what tracks to spin when DH is there for occasional friday nights

You fit in nicely here :D

I was thinking of heading down to ARC for Howells at the end of the month, but we'll see how things go as it gets closer.

no howells this month. sander is there on the 25th i believe. howells is on vacation.

Originally posted by vicman

no howells this month. sander is there on the 25th i believe. howells is on vacation.

D'oh! Oh well, no biggie. Definitely not willing to make the drive down for Sander.

Maybe I should take a couple of months off from NYC anyway... my car would thank me for it! Then again... maybe not :tongue:

Originally posted by teamj5

fuck nyc that place is played.

save the miles for the great up north. im telling you...some good shit coming up.

You're gonna have to fill us in. But I'm not going to Canada until it warms up a bit... if it's this cold down here, imagine 5 hours north... blech!