Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attn carbuffs: SAAB...bigpoppanils, and alike...

93_sedan_intro_US.jpg

saab_background_6_1024.jpg

MY FAV:

saab_background_1_1024.jpg

17_GIB.jpg

i think im going to take this one over the bmw... this is the hotness b... im going to go with the 9-3 sport sedan with the aero kit... (red pic, but i think ill do silver) shit is off the hiiiiiizzzzoook!

bigpoppa this is where you come in... what are some mods for this bebe, and how affordable is the car maintenance wise and insurance wise??? pros cons and comments in between... etc...

93_S_LANDING_US.jpg

General Saab Advantage 2003 Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan Vector 2003 BMW 3 Series 330i sedan

Base Price MSRP $32,495 $34,600

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destination Charge $625 $695

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Body Style Sedan Sedan

Number of Doors 4 4

Total Options $0 $5,700

Total Equipped Price $33,120 $40,995

Performance Saab Advantage 2003 Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan Vector 2003 BMW 3 Series 330i sedan

Engine Name 2.0L I4 3.0L I6

Cylinders 4 6

Displacement (CC) 1988 2979

Displacement (CI) 121 182

Horspower @ RPM 210@5500 225@5900

Torque @ RPM 221@2500 214@3500

Turbocharger Standard Optional

Driveline Front Wheel Drive Rear Wheel Drive

Valves 16 24

Valve Configuration DOHC DOHC

Bore X Stroke 3.38@3.38 3.31@3.53

Compression Ratio 9.5 10.2

Standard Transmission Manual Manual

Transmission Speeds 6 5

Manual Transmission Standard Standard

Automatic Transmision Optional Optional

Suspension (Front) Independent Independent

Suspension (Rear) Independent Independent

Final Drive Ratio Not Listed 2.93

Fuel Capacity 16.4 16.6

Fuel Economy (City) (mpg) Not Listed 21

Fuel Economy (Highway) (mpg) Not Listed 30

Electronic Brake Assistance Standard Standard

Exterior Dimensions Saab Advantage 2003 Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan Vector 2003 BMW 3 Series 330i sedan

Wheelbase (in.) 105.3 107.3

Length (in.) 182.5 176.0

Height (in.) 56.8 55.7

Width (in.) 69.0 68.5

Curb Weight (Auto Trans) (lbs.) Not Listed 3362

Curb Weight (Manual Trans) (lbs.) Not Listed 3285

Interior Dimensions Saab Advantage 2003 Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan Vector 2003 BMW 3 Series 330i sedan

Head Room (front) (in.) 38.9 38.4

Head Room (rear) (in.) 37.0 37.5

Leg Room (front) (in.) 42.3 41.4

Leg Room (rear) (in.) 35.1 34.4

Shoulder Room (front) (in.) 56.3 54.4

Shoulder Room (rear) (in.) 55.1 54.2

Cargo Volume (EPA.) (cu ft) 15 11

Passenger Volume (EPA.) (cu ft) 90 91

Comfort & Convenience Saab Advantage 2003 Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan Vector 2003 BMW 3 Series 330i sedan

Air Conditioning Standard Standard

Automatic Climate Control Standard Standard

Dual Zone Climate Control Standard Not Available

Cabin Filters Standard Standard

Power Windows Standard Standard

Power Locks Standard Standard

Steering Wheel Mounted Controls Standard Standard

Headlamps Auto On/Off Standard Standard

Illuminated Vanity Mirror Standard Standard

Tinted Glass Standard Standard

Leather Seats Standard Optional

Leather Steering Wheel Standard Standard

Genuine Wood Trim Optional Optional

Multi-Adjustable Power Driver Seat Standard Standard

Multi-Adjustable Power Passenger Seat Standard Standard

Front Power Lumbar Support Not Available Optional

Front Power Memory Seat Standard Standard

Front Heated Seats Optional Optional

Rear Folding Seatback Standard Optional

AM/FM Stereo with Cassette Not Available Optional

CD Player Standard Standard

Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror Standard Optional

Heated Exterior Mirrors Standard Standard

Automatic Tilt Down Exterior Mirrors Standard Standard

Memory Exterior Mirrors Standard Standard

Telescopic Steering Wheel Standard Standard

Power Sunroof Optional Optional

Safety Saab Advantage 2003 Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan Vector 2003 BMW 3 Series 330i sedan

Vehicle Anti-theft Standard Standard

Radio Anti-theft Not Available Standard

Vehicle Theft Tracking/Notification Standard Not Available

Remote Keyless Entry Standard Standard

Daytime Running Lights Standard Standard

Front Side Airbags with Head Protection Standard Not Available

Rear Door Child Security Lock-out Standard Standard

Seat Belt Pretensioner Standard Standard

Side Guard Door Beams Standard Standard

Exterior Saab Advantage 2003 Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan Vector 2003 BMW 3 Series 330i sedan

Fog Lights Standard Standard

Rear Spoiler Optional Optional

Headlight Washers Standard Optional

Alloy Wheels Standard Standard

Originally posted by dgmodel

[

bigpoppa this is where you come in... what are some mods for this bebe, and how affordable is the car maintenance wise and insurance wise??? pros cons and comments in between... etc...

which model are you looking at in particular?

my 9-5 has the 2.3 turbo; it was less to insure than the A6 3.0 and the Passat GLX; they are very safe and have low theft rates so that helps with insurance

no charge maintenence for 3 years

my engine is great on gas

sound system upgrade is well worth it....the system is designed by harmann-kardon (sp)...the same brand BMW uses

cons: auto transmissions questionable...but saab has introduced all new automatics for this year for both 9-3 and 9-5

interior build quality not equal to that of BMW

resale values not as good as 3 series but better than A4

i havent test driven the 9-3 so i can't really say anything about the handling nor acceleration

performance:

Saab does make its own exhaust systems, ECU upgrade is availalbe for my engine...not for 9-3 yet

http://www.saabperformanceparts.com/

http://www.saabcentral.com/techhelp/performance_tuning.php

i havent seen anything out yet for the new 9-3...in the past most mods have consisted of exhaust, ECU, turbo and intercoolers..hopefully the new model will stir up more interest

i also suggest looking up a 2002 9-3 Viggen...

viggen.jpg

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

which model are you looking at in particular?

my 9-5 has the 2.3 turbo; it was less to insure than the A6 3.0 and the Passat GLX; they are very safe and have low theft rates so that helps with insurance

no charge maintenence for 3 years

sound system upgrade is well worth it....the system is designed by harmann-kardon (sp)...the same brand BMW uses

drives in snow pretty well

cons: auto transmissions questionable...but saab has introduced all new automatics for this year for both 9-3 and 9-5

interior build quality not equal to that of BMW

resale values not as good as 3 series but better than A4

i havent test driven the 9-3 so i can't really say much else

performance:

Saab does make its own exhaust systems, ECU upgrade is availalbe for my engine...not for 9-3 yet

http://www.saabperformanceparts.com/

http://www.saabcentral.com/techhelp/performance_tuning.php

i havent seen anything out yet for the new 9-3...in the past most mods have consisted of exhaust, ECU, turbo and intercoolers..hopefully the new model will stir up more interest

i also suggest looking up a 2002 9-3 Viggen...

good shit... thanks for the heads up... however on the exhaust issue... long long long time ago... when i was going to school and working p/t i worked for Saab... (one of the reasons i want to buy one now, to go back and rub it in my exbosses face) they had exhausts for sale.. whole units and ish... (sport onees of course im reffering to reg ass exhausts) did they discontinue them???

good shit... thanks for the heads up... however on the exhaust issue... long long long time ago... when i was going to school and working p/t i worked for Saab... (one of the reasons i want to buy one now, to go back and rub it in my exbosses face) they had exhausts for sale.. whole units and ish... (sport onees of course im reffering to reg ass exhausts) did they discontinue them???

nope

www.saabcatalog.com

...that's Alfas...you forgot to pluralize...

...i just found out that i can now apply my father's employee discount from GM to Saabs as well...so if anyone would like to negotiate a purchase, i can buy and transfer in six months for a nominal fee...

Originally posted by phatman

...that's Alfas...you forgot to pluralize...

...i just found out that i can now apply my father's employee discount from GM to Saabs as well...so if anyone would like to negotiate a purchase, i can buy and transfer in six months for a nominal fee...

how much of a discount and how much of a nominal fee???

how much of a discount and how much of a nominal fee???

...i dont know marko...you bailed on the apartment...def. not on my good side...;)

...to be honest, i would have to go online and check it out...perhaps tonite if i get some time...