Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Longest DJ set attempt.......

We've got a new attempt coming up at the longest set ever.

DJ Laphalot from nyc is going to be at Pseudo Studios from

February 27th-March 2nd. It will be televised on Good day NY and online worldwide. On the day of the event you can go to: www.pseudo.com.

It's also going to be the afterparty for every clubnight that weekend, Thursday to Monday and you can sleep over so bring out your tents.

The Guinness Book has been contacted and it's official.

Will see how long he can go for but i`d rather see him do this in a club with a big system to play on & where you have a large crowd to play for dealing with the body heat of a room that will wear you down. To this day JR Vasquez still does 24 hr marathon sets all the time and he`s 58 yrs old as well as Johnathan Peters so these two have defined the dj set with there long hour marathons so will see. Is this a studio or a club?

It is set up like a club. I've been there before..it's pretty phat. If there's a lot of people, you'll have a great time. They have 2 rooms and a studio on the side....He's going to be playing in the main front room.

Originally posted by wallflour

Didn't Martin Boss (the current record holder) do his 48-hour set in a record store (a nice one though), or some place like that?

Would be cool to try it in a club, but I doubt any place would be willing to stay open so long

The current record isn't 48 hours. Last year I believe, a DJ in the UK made the 48 hrs records in a club (I have the info in a mag somewhere). But from what I heard, some one broke that record short after with a 72 hour set, I believe?

As for finding someplace to do it in...there's always room for publicity. A good club manager would know how to take advantage of it.

Originally posted by xpander

The current record isn't 48 hours. Last year I believe, a DJ in the UK made the 48 hrs records in a club (I have the info in a mag somewhere). But from what I heard, some one broke that record short after with a 72 hour set, I believe?

As for finding someplace to do it in...there's always room for publicity. A good club manager would know how to take advantage of it.

My bad. I dug up some articles thanks to google

Martin Boss did 72 hours at the Vinyl Frontier store in Orlando

Here was a recent attempt by a Dutch DJ to break it, which fell short by an hour

http://www.dancefrontdoor.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=416

Originally posted by mattm2o

Abba is like cornbread their aint nutin wrong with that!

Exactly...after 72 something hours of straight DJing without resting, breaks, or any kind of chemical influence whatsoever, playing ABBA is going to be second nature to the poor guy.

Wait till he starts having hallucinations. :laugh: