Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I hate these f'in fake Vegas, SoBe, Rio, Ibiza parties

Ok, I hate these magic harry potter transporter parties. There was this "ibiza" party at saci, a "monter carlo" party at NYLA and now a "rio" party at float. Let's be honest here, the fukin club looks the same, the vibe is the same, the music is the same, everythign is the goddamn same thing.

Then there's vegas parties and south beach parties and in the end, you're still going to a club that looks exactly the same on the afore-menioned magically transported night as it does on every other night. Change the name of a couple of drinks and note them as (insert location) shots, pluck a few feathers on the dancing hewa troupe, and TADA!!! It's a (insert location) party!!!

Of all the goddamn gimmicks I've come across, thought of, seen, participated in, and fabricated myself, these "whisking" parties are the absolute worst. Man, this RIO party...it better have like, amazon leaves and fuckin big tall white statue of jesus gracing me as i enter and have phythons and juju magic and hot imported illegal brazilian hewas with huge tatas and amazonians with spears...otherwise it'd look just like any other goddamn CliQue friday night party at float Circa a year ago.

I find your "dancing hewa troupe" statement to be rather offensive. I can speak for myself and two of the other girls I dance with, plus two more of my close friends who dance, in saying that none of us are promiscuous, do "extras" for cash, strip dance, etc - so I find it really naive of you to classify all dancers like that (although I won't speak for the other girls I work with simply because I don't know them). Please think a little harder before you make sweeping statements - it's practically a guarantee you'll piss people off and make yourself sound really... unpleasant :idea:

(no drama, no accusations, not calling your mom a bitch - but making a friendly reminder).

I have been to a couple of these country-themed parties and like yourself, I didn't think it captured anything exotic or what have you of the locales they are named after. I never expected it to be in the first place because re-creating something like that would cost tons of money and take forever to produce. Hell, how many people that go to the parties have actually BEEN to Ibiza or Rio to begin with?

I think they are just catchy names to pull people. And it seems to be working cuz the clubs get packed. Seen it with my own eyes. Whatever works, right?

Originally posted by Dee Phunk

Hell, how many people that go to the parties have actually BEEN to Ibiza or Rio to begin with?

Well there's the problem right here! If that's the crowd you're dealing with no wonder the party is LAME LAME LAME. In an ideal world a "spirit of ibiza" will have a guestlist policy that requires 80% of your crew to brandish a picture of themselves in front of DC-10 in broad daylight (or at least a pic of cafe del mar @ sunset that wasn't cut out of a magazine for the newbs). We would get my boy's fire troupe to spin poi... and come 9am our choices would either be to go to space or the beach. That won't quite capture the spirit of ibiza, but at least it will get the technical things right.

The true spirit of ibiza, at least in my mind, is that everyone shares the ideals of hedonism - not necessarily sex 24/7, though for some that happens - but i mean everything exists for the seneses. sight, sound, touch, taste. (smell was kind of ruined the night we went to pacha when it rained and the sewers overflowed). people always complain "i don't think i could go to 6 clubs and 3 beaches in 4 days" but they're under the assumption that they're operating in the "real world", with responsibility to school and work and family and things you "have" to do. on ibiza you live just for the moment, the sensual playground, and that propels you to do things you ordinarily wouldn't do.... and you don't even realize it. now put yourself around 200,000 people from all around the world that share the same sentiments and you've got the beginning of it anyway.

I think they are just catchy names to pull people. And it seems to be working cuz the clubs get packed.

And again, there's the problem right here. The people who are coming out just for a party will get what they want... But the people who come out for the spirit of ibiza will be severly disappointed. Any time anyone in any art from (and i am calling promotions an art form) pulls the mainstream "sure thing" they risk disappointing the people who are passionate about their form. But the real thing comes with risk as well - you pour a lot of time, effort and capital into a project that either hits really big or is closed after 2 hours. There is time and place for both... the question becomes how do you want to be remembered?

that's why i was a lot more interested in the Monte Carlo Markov Chain methods for stochastic search then the "spirit of monte carlo". at least MCMC is cutting edge :)

end of mission statement.

peaz,

rob

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I find your "dancing hewa troupe" statement to be rather offensive. I can speak for myself and two of the other girls I dance with, plus two more of my close friends who dance, in saying that none of us are promiscuous, do "extras" for cash, strip dance, etc - so I find it really naive of you to classify all dancers like that (although I won't speak for the other girls I work with simply because I don't know them). Please think a little harder before you make sweeping statements - it's practically a guarantee you'll piss people off and make yourself sound really... unpleasant :idea:

(no drama, no accusations, not calling your mom a bitch - but making a friendly reminder).

i love how strippers try n defend themselves, U GUYS TAKE UR CLOTHES OFF FOR A LIVING, U GIVE LAP DANCES FOR A LIVING, U MAKE UR MONEY GRINDING UR ASS ON GUYS COCKS, U GET A DOLLAR WHEN U SHOW UR TITS, I THINK THOSE R ALL SEXUAL FAVORS, BOTTOM LINE STRIPPERS R TO FUCKING LAZY TO GET A RESPECTABLE JOB, RATHER THEN GO TO SCHOOL JUS STRUT UR STUFF. THATS SOMETHING I WOULD LOVE MY KIDS TO HAVE SOME1 LIKE THAT AS A ROLE MODEL. STRIPPERS= DIRTY WHORES OR ATLEAST 9.9 OUT OF 10 OF THEM ARE

Originally posted by vermontbud

i love how strippers try n defend themselves, U GUYS TAKE UR CLOTHES OFF FOR A LIVING, U GIVE LAP DANCES FOR A LIVING, U MAKE UR MONEY GRINDING UR ASS ON GUYS COCKS, U GET A DOLLAR WHEN U SHOW UR TITS, I THINK THOSE R ALL SEXUAL FAVORS, BOTTOM LINE STRIPPERS R TO FUCKING LAZY TO GET A RESPECTABLE JOB, RATHER THEN GO TO SCHOOL JUS STRUT UR STUFF. THATS SOMETHING I WOULD LOVE MY KIDS TO HAVE SOME1 LIKE THAT AS A ROLE MODEL. STRIPPERS= DIRTY WHORES OR ATLEAST 9.9 OUT OF 10 OF THEM ARE

I didn't defend strippers at all, you numb nut. Strippers and nightclub show dancers are two entirely different things. I specifically said we don't do ANYTHING like that - and if your vermont ass ever made it to a real club you'd know there are dancers there that wear costumes and never take them off - and it is 100% NOT okay for anyone at the party to touch those girls, anyone who tries gets tossed. I would never strip, I never have stripped, and I have no desire to strip.

Watch out! The revolution is a-coming! Nightclub dancers across the span of the seven seas shall unite and let their voices be heard!

"Do you hear the people sing, singing the song of angry men, it is the music of a people who will not be slaves again!"

HAHAHAHA is this a joke?? First of all, this post wasn't even about you dirty dressed up hookers who ordinarily i pay 50 bux to dance in a podium like idiots. I mentioned...what was the line, oh yes, "dancing hewa troupe" en-passent and you go attach yourself to it and make a big issue out of this...It's like in a crowded street of 20,000 ppl and John is having a fight with Mary and John yells out IDIOT at Mary and here Vixen goes, OMFG!! WHAT YOU SAID???

Holy shit I've never anything more irrelevant than what your justification for being a dancer has to do with my original post.

BTW, on a side note, insiders tell me that the SF dancers tried to go on strike, demanding higher wages or healthcare or STD care or something...ahhaah and they just got fired altogether lol.

Oh and Lainie, I got my tribal gear, you got ur lion mask and dry-leaves skirt ready for that zimbabwe party?

Luis, in case you forgot, this *is* a messageboard and people can reply to whatever issues happen to spark their interests. I get your point on the theme parties and everything, but I didn't really feel it necessary to add my $.02 on that. You can say all you want about dancers but the fact is that people say the same shit about promoters *cough*

Although, to be entirely honest, I think it's fuckin' excellent that someone will pay me $100 to $125 to dance on a podium like an idiot :tongue: It pays for my turntables, records, and food and got to be the easiest bullshit job ever :)

YES!!! say what you will about promoters! SCUMBAGS the whole lot of them (us) hahah!! oh well, see, this is the difference between me and you, if someone put up a post saying:

"Man i hate it when i'm walking out of clubs and it's all cold and bc i'm a cheap ho and i dont want to pay 3 bux for coat check, I decided not to bring my jacket and these stupid flyer boys are like harrassing me to take flyers. CANT THEY SEE THAT MY HANDS ARE BUSY TRYING TO WARM MY ARMS??? Can't they see the frantic pace at which i'm rubbing my body? I'm too busy to grab your stupid flyers! I just wished these scumbag promoters stopped setting up distributors outside of clubs!"

Now, imagine i'm like, OMFG!!! u called promoters scumbags!! DIE you fiend! That's what ur being like. Nobody was talking about dancers and that wasn't the point of the thread.

Now quit justifying your existance based on a label that was brought up in passing.

Luis, in case you forgot, this *is* a messageboard and people can reply to whatever issues happen to spark their interests. I get your point on the theme parties and everything, but I didn't really feel it necessary to add my $.02 on that. You can say all you want about dancers but the fact is that people say the same shit about promoters *cough*

Although, to be entirely honest, I think it's fuckin' excellent that someone will pay me $100 to $125 to dance on a podium like an idiot :tongue: It pays for my turntables, records, and food and got to be the easiest bullshit job ever :)

i can see where ppl come from bc i have seen some pretty skanky dancers that strip at clubs.... there are also some ones that just do their jobs and go dance....... it all has to do with the girl and if shes got class......

Originally posted by Dee Phunk

Hell, how many people that go to the parties have actually BEEN to Ibiza or Rio to begin with?

well i don't go to these cheese theme parties, but i did in fact just get back from rio this morning. if it's a "rio" party it should probably be a gay party because the best electronic parties in rio are 95% gay (saw miss kittin on the 30th, got hit on by dozens of guys), with the exception of a few upscale lounges where celebrities/politicians/notorious drug dealers hang out at. rio isn't exactly known for its nightlife....the people there go to bed early so they can catch a tan in the morning ;)

the real party is during the day, at the beach. i spent new years in copacabana and i can tell you i had a blast. most beautiful women in the world.....hands down.

Hey, If I could dance, I would be doing the same thing too. Sometimes beeing a poor college kid forces you to do these things.

The point of these parties is not to capture the essence of (fill-in-the-theme), it's to make money... I've never been to one, b/c they always sound uber-cheesy. The only acceptable excuse I can think of, is if it's something that's actually going on at the time, like a Carnival or Mardi Gras party in Feb or March...

There only place that does a great job for theme nights is sound factory. One that stands out particularly in my mind is the beach party at factory on a friday.

I remember at like, 9pm before the club opened up, Thorin and I were upstairs where u pay and we were kicking sand at each other and were sayin what a great job factory did. Now THAT was a theme night! The whole club had a summery atmosphere and feel to it. I'm going to stop by this fraud Rio and Ibiza party this weekend. I am 100% that it will feel like any other generic played out night at those two played out clubs

Originally posted by NYCclub15

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: this post is f'ing hilarious!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: aly, i almost died when this guy misassumed that u were a stripper!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my this was just the amusement i needed today......

thank you, thank you very much :D

Hii hunney! :D

Originally posted by luiskain

YES!!! say what you will about promoters! SCUMBAGS the whole lot of them (us) hahah!! oh well, see, this is the difference between me and you, if someone put up a post saying:

"Man i hate it when i'm walking out of clubs and it's all cold and bc i'm a cheap ho and i dont want to pay 3 bux for coat check, I decided not to bring my jacket and these stupid flyer boys are like harrassing me to take flyers. CANT THEY SEE THAT MY HANDS ARE BUSY TRYING TO WARM MY ARMS??? Can't they see the frantic pace at which i'm rubbing my body? I'm too busy to grab your stupid flyers! I just wished these scumbag promoters stopped setting up distributors outside of clubs!"

Now, imagine i'm like, OMFG!!! u called promoters scumbags!! DIE you fiend! That's what ur being like. Nobody was talking about dancers and that wasn't the point of the thread.

Now quit justifying your existance based on a label that was brought up in passing.

GREAT QUOte and your last statement in this quote is pure awesome ... nice job man!

peace

jonathan