Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you think trance is making a comeback?

georgeacasta2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by funketeer

Why deny it? Yes, there where lots of drugs going around in the hey-day of trance...if you are talking about Miami specifically, then go ahead and write the comeback off...it won't come back with intensity that it used to have, no way...that shit was epic! Since the whole experience (including X) was new...it meant way much more than just music...people that didn't know each other where actually having a good time together at a club...big difference from the coked-up days of disco when parties used to end up in fights most every night...David and George where local gods...they had "the drug" which was the music...and trance was the love drug...I'm not very romantic about things...I'm always looking for the next best thing...nowadays, I find myself enjoying Prog Tech a lot...and I mean a lot...it's like my brain is in tune with it...I have nothing to say against drugs and freewill, to each its own...Deep House it's also very cool...I mean, if a Dj can take a set from Deep House to Prog Tech and peek with a little bit of trance for a while and then play some chill, then I'm cool with that...fact is, there are not many Djs out there that embrace different genres...most like to be identified with a single style of music...I guess because crowds are not as flexible in taste as they used to be before...what the hell I know?

peace

Funk :cool:

Very Good Wrap UP and Summary:

Days of the Edge in Ft.Lauderdale, The MIX and KitKat, Liquids when it first started, the first wave of things kicking in it will never be the same cuz it already happened for several years :(

Originally posted by djdekan

NO drama was intended, just know from experience and you have to remeber Miami is 21 everywhere else in the country is basically 18 to get in so the kids are doing something.

Man didnt want to cause all this Drama, Im a HUGE Trance Head, my number may be off a little but maybe for Tiesto ill walk around and ask everyone if there rolling.

Dekan i was just busting your chops with the drama comment

i know you're a bit fan of trance

PEACE!

Originally posted by sunnyhost

Hay puh-lease...Did i say no-1?!?!? NO..go back and read what I wrote. I said that I just disagree with the % that dekan used. I know a lot pf people, including myself, who go to Space and drink like fish and still get a lot out of the music. I also know a lot of people who stay home Saturday nights, wake up and go to SPace like at 5am to enjoy the patio and drink. Please don't continue to insult me and tell me to think and open my eyes b/c I have thought ab it and I do see a lot of shit go on right in front of my face. However, do I think that eeeeveryone there does some kind of drug?!?!? Nope.

o.k let me ask u a ? sunnyhost

what do u think of people who dance with lights or glowsticks.....

Both sides are right on this one...not everyone is on drugs (of course) but there sure is a lot of that still going on. As far as trance going hand in hand with drugs is not a matter of oppinion...it's more about HISTORY...either you know about the history of trance and its direct connection with the developement and distribution of ecstasy...or you don't.

"We'll wear these shades, noone will know we're fucked up...let's go!"

rave.jpg

Originally posted by funketeer

Both sides are right on this one...not everyone is on drugs (of course) but there sure is a lot of that still going on. As far as trance going hand in hand with drugs is not a matter of oppinion...it's more about HISTORY...either you know about the history of trance and its direct connection with the developement and distribution of ecstasy...or you don't.

"We'll wear these shades, noone will know we're fucked up...let's go!"

rave.jpg

LMAO!!!!!!! you should have pasted a vics hanging from there nose and u'd have the complete idea lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Originally posted by mjm420

o.k let me ask u a ? sunnyhost

what do u think of people who dance with lights or glowsticks.....

dude, let me ask you. Do you get fucked up everytime you go out?.. cuz I certainly don't and know lots of peepz that don't. It's true that lots of people use drugs but I wouldn't say 90% of the people in a club is on something, maybe 50% I'd say.

I can enjoy good music without being fucked up.

trance never left.. it will always be a part of the fabric; which comprises dance music. as is typical with most genres of dance music, they peak then find their place within the dance music realm. with reference to drugs (illegal and legal), they are part of the scene. always have been and more then likely always will be . it is particularly interesting to see and hear people, stand on their respective pulpits, and proclaim they don’t use drugs. yet they find no problem with smoking a cigarette; or having an alcoholic beverage. Excess leads to abuse.. the level of prevalence of drugs, is not limited to one particular segment, of the dance music culture or a particular genre... being overly judgmental does add to the experience it distracts.. enjoy the music in whatever manner, you deem appropriate for yourself. just my two pennies.:)

Koky put it best when he said that trance is dead on south beach, but on the mainland it's still kicking around.

In my mind, the trance that is dead is the frilly vocal type of trance, such as Hear You Calling by Aurora, or any number of ATB tracks...the surviving trance tends to be harder edged, or incorporating elements of house...

As for the drug use, it sure is still there...different people though, the previous users have gotten burned out, only to be replaced by a new squad of pill monsters. Drug of choice is changing too. I see a lot more cokeheads about, and some speed junkies too.

Originally posted by pod

Koky put it best when he said that trance is dead on south beach, but on the mainland it's still kicking around.

In my mind, the trance that is dead is the frilly vocal type of trance, such as Hear You Calling by Aurora, or any number of ATB tracks...the surviving trance tends to be harder edged, or incorporating elements of house...

As for the drug use, it sure is still there...different people though, the previous users have gotten burned out, only to be replaced by a new squad of pill monsters. Drug of choice is changing too. I see a lot more cokeheads about, and some speed junkies too.

AMEN TO THAT !!!! But I dunno bout the Drug of choice changing. Coke has been around for ever...it's just harder to get for kids.. so it's been more of a Adult Drug....MOre for like ppl with $$$

Originally posted by pod

YWPS! :D

no i answered

NO i don't get fucked up when i go out.....

& i never said i don't drink...... so don't write something that wasn't said... now back to my original question... it seems its so hard to answer.... let me ask again...

sunnyhost... what do u think about people who dance with lights or with glowsticks.... its not that hard...

& apparently u like to got out & drink like a fish so sunny says so that would make u a drunk..... or better yet an alcoholic...