Clubplanet Nightlife Community

General opinion on Deep House in NYC

very good...

Maybe we could have a "nice Debate about this...

If u ask me......

NYC is like A BIG ASS CITY......

There is alot to choose from.....Deep House, Is all over Ny....

i would say it was more of a "underGround" thing tho....When most commercial places like....Webster hall, Exit(not jr's sunday)

and Even Spa,Lotus,Saci,Roxy, Are blaring more mainstream shit..

When Deep House is at places harder to find, and not as well know, but STILL draw BIg number's Sun>@limelight...sorta....Vinyl(arc)....SoundFactory....Filter....Shelter..

BLa bla bla

What do u guys think....

Originally posted by barbarapleaze

if you're looking for a deep house discussion, you're looking in the wrong place girls. These children know nothing about it.

I can attest that it's alive and well and thankfully not commercialzed.

I'm a boy :)

But otherwise, very interesting comment. Do you regularly hit deep house spots during the week or weekend?

Funny u ask....

i 2 was asking, since i hadent been to Shelter since.....it was SHELTER 6 Hubert St....

But, if u want it Deep, and u want some vocals, and im talking REAL Vocals, and u like Garage, and your a classic Whore like this Bitch.....

Than the only place to Ever be.....

Is Sat night @ The Shelter....

39th n 6th....Arrival time is prob 4am......the party goes till about noon..

ITS FUN!! a dance floor. The old Twilo Stystem, and great smiling faces... just make sure u go UP-Stiars and not Down-Stairs cause Downstairs its a Ghetto Trash hip hop club.....and it gets SCAREY

and not to be a bitch, and defend anyone, there are alot of people in the know on the board, who i know, and have meet, who go as far back.....as Arena.....Disco2000, and EVEN

BassLine..... nopt everyone is 22.....and running a list At exit, Darling....

Much love!

Oly>

There are actually a fair number of deep house spots/nights thruout (sp?) the city...

So if it's deep house one is looking for, that thirst can be satisfied almost any day of the week.

As for Chicago house... that's a bit harder to come by. Unless you're talking about Derrick Carter who passes thru town once in a blue moon...

Originally posted by slightofhand

As for Chicago house... that's a bit harder to come by. Unless you're talking about Derrick Carter who passes thru town once in a blue moon...

Shit... what I wouldn't give to hear some good ol' Chicago house. I went to see Terry Mullan at Centro a few wks ago; I don't know if his style has changed that much or if it was just because of the venue, but I was sorely disappointed!

I am talkin' about some nice, deep, vocals...

Stuff like Franck Roger - Samana. Have you heard that one? Very sweet, laid back track... I also like deeper tracks than that for the most part. That is middle of the road as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for the help so far! :)

Originally posted by jaysea

Funny u ask....

i 2 was asking, since i hadent been to Shelter since.....it was SHELTER 6 Hubert St....

But, if u want it Deep, and u want some vocals, and im talking REAL Vocals, and u like Garage, and your a classic Whore like this Bitch.....

Than the only place to Ever be.....

Is Sat night @ The Shelter....

39th n 6th....Arrival time is prob 4am......the party goes till about noon..

ITS FUN!! a dance floor. The old Twilo Stystem, and great smiling faces... just make sure u go UP-Stiars and not Down-Stairs cause Downstairs its a Ghetto Trash hip hop club.....and it gets SCAREY

and not to be a bitch, and defend anyone, there are alot of people in the know on the board, who i know, and have meet, who go as far back.....as Arena.....Disco2000, and EVEN

BassLine..... nopt everyone is 22.....and running a list At exit, Darling....

Much love!

Oly>

i went to shelter a few weeks ago for danny krivit. i highly recommend any househead to go at least once. the crowd and vibe is something i havent seen in nyc in a while. another good thing: no dress code!

Originally posted by barbarapleaze

if you're looking for a deep house discussion, you're looking in the wrong place girls. These children know nothing about it.

I can attest that it's alive and well and thankfully not commercialzed.

Hey now!

just because I was raised on trance doesnt mean i cant appreciate the finer things in life ;)

cant speak for some of the other morons on this board however.