Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>WHAT DJ have you seen Live that...

space girl @ "beat box" @ the roxy in nyc, july, 2000.

i hadn't been to a party in six months 'cause i didn't have any friends who liked to go out dancing after moving back home to new york after graduating from college. i finally decided to go out by myself, 'cause slick rick was gonna be at this rave, which had a very eclectic bill (slick rick, at a rave :confused: ).

but i was pulling a self-conscious wallflower act for a long time, feeling that all eyes were on me (which, of course, they weren't). it was space girl who got me on the almost empty dancefloor. her music was unlike anything i'd ever heard, and it got me dancing in a way i never had or knew i could. and suddenly i didn't care who was watching me.

and ever since then, i've felt free on the floor.

while i don't relate to her music the way i used to anymore, i am forever grateful :D . i owe almost all of it to her ;):D .

Originally posted by weyes

space girl @ "beat box" @ the roxy in nyc, july, 2000.

i hadn't been to a party in six months 'cause i didn't have any friends who liked to go out dancing after moving back home to new york after graduating from college. i finally decided to go out by myself, 'cause slick rick was gonna be at this rave, which had a very eclectic bill (slick rick, at a rave :confused: ).

but i was pulling a self-conscious wallflower act for a long time, feeling that all eyes were on me (which, of course, they weren't). it was space girl who got me on the almost empty dancefloor. her music was unlike anything i'd ever heard, and it got me dancing in a way i never had or knew i could. and suddenly i didn't care who was watching me.

and ever since then, i've felt free on the floor.

while i don't relate to her music the way i used to anymore, i am forever grateful :D . i owe almost all of it to her ;):D .

cool ;) Spacegirl was definetely better a few years ago...but she's still very a very talented artist :)

...and ss of now...tHey're not having a "Beatbox" party this year... :(

This was about 3 years ago @ Hammerstein Ballroom.

The man was on a rotating mini-stage in the middle of the ballroom, so EVERYONE had a great view :D

He has great stage prescence and knows how to get the crowd amped. He fist pumps, smiles, makes eye contact, and is just a mastermind behind the decks (he had about 4 turntables, samplers, and god knows what else) .

The night went Xtra long, and he played not only the popular radio songs (praise you, rockafeller), but lesser known -yet-funky tunes (Michael Jackson, acid 8000)

:spin::roll::bounce:

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

cool ;) Spacegirl was definetely better a few years ago...but she's still very a very talented artist :)

i still have yet to hear anything that sounds even close to what she plays. i think she's in a genre all her own :D .