Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Remember the days

Kuro

Originally posted by Kuro

when people didn't know about Release Records? They updated the site yesterday and by the time I got home last night the records I was going to buy were sold out. Someone should die for this.

I was looking through the new releases section yesterday and more than half the records were sold out!

That place is soooo expensive though.

Originally posted by raver_mania

I was looking through the new releases section yesterday and more than half the records were sold out!

That place is soooo expensive though.

It's actually not that much more expensive. They're Canadian, so you have to make sure to look in the US Dollars column. If you do, then you'll see that the vinyl is between 9 and 11 Dollars, just like it is anywhere else in the world.

If you have the patience to use Standard shipping, it's actually not that bad if you order a bunch of records at once.

Express shipping is mucho expensive because they International overnight it. I paid $75 for an express shipment once cause I really wanted a tune before a gig.

As for the vinyl, it's a crap-shoot. Sometimes they'll get stuff you can't get at Yoshi. Sometimes, they'll get stuff you can. But overall, they get great shit anywhere from a couple weeks to a year before you'll even see them at any other store. Case in point, I got a copy of Fred Numf Jamaica Skunk from them over a year ago. I just started seeing it released everywhere last month. So sometimes you get lucky.

But more than that, it's just convenient to use them. I don't even bother with any other sites anymore cause Release has more selection and gets their shit to me faster than any other store.