Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FOR ALL CPERS!!!! what does it mean?

btn.gif

i wanna know what all your names mean..

it is often told that what you were in a past life as a very STRONG person to the world- or just well known person-

gives us the caracture we carry today with us-

its what makes us the way we are.....

behinde your names..

put ur name into the search thingy half way down and run the search

do it by 1st name

then again by middel name

last names usualy arent available

heres mine

ERIC

m English, French

Pronounced: ER-ik

Derived from the Old Norse elements ei "ever" and rikr "ruler". A famous bearer was Eric the Red, a 10th-century navigator and explorer who discovered Greenland. This was also the name of kings of Denmark, Sweden and Norway

SALVADOR (really its salvator- italian)

m Spanish

From the Late Latin name Salvator, which meant "saviour". A famous bearer of this name was the Spanish surrealist painter Salvador Dali.

DAVID

DAVID m English, Jewish, French, Russian, Czech, Biblical

Pronounced: DAY-vid

Possibly derived from Hebrew dod meaning "beloved". David was the second and greatest of the kings of Israel, ruling in the 10th century BC. Several stories about him are told in the Old Testament, including his defeat of Goliath, a giant Philistine. Jesus was supposedly descended from him. Other famous bearers of this name include the 5th-century patron saint of Wales, two kings of Scotland, empiricist philosopher David Hume, and explorer David Livingstone. This is also the name of the hero of Charles Dickens' semiautobiographical novel 'David Copperfield'.

FIRST NAME - JESSICA f English

Pronounced: JES-i-ka

This name was first used in this form by Shakespeare in his play 'The Merchant of Venice', where it belongs to the daughter of Shylock. Shakespeare probably based it on the biblical name Iscah meaning "YAHWEH beholds" in Hebrew, a minor character in Genesis. Jessica is sometimes used as a feminine form of JESSE.

MIDDLE NAME - CHRISTINE f French, English

Pronounced: kris-TEEN

French and English form of CHRISTINA

:D

First Name:

DIANE f French, English

Pronounced: die-AN

French form of DIANA

Probably derived from an old Indo-European root meaning "heavenly, divine", related to dyeus (see ZEUS). Diana was a Roman goddess of the moon, hunting, forests, and childbirth, often identified with the Greek goddess Artemis. Diana Spencer, the Princess of Wales, was a famous bearer of this name.

Middle Name:

IRENE f English, Italian, Greek Mythology (Latinized)

Pronounced: IE-reen

Derived from Greek eirene meaning "peace". Irene was the Greek goddess of peace. Another famous bearer was an 8th-century Byzantine empress, the first woman to lead the Empire. She originally served as regent for her son, but later had him killed and ruled alone.

Originally posted by dibs

First Name:

DIANE f French, English

Pronounced: die-AN

French form of DIANA

Probably derived from an old Indo-European root meaning "heavenly, divine", related to dyeus (see ZEUS). Diana was a Roman goddess of the moon, hunting, forests, and childbirth, often identified with the Greek goddess Artemis. Diana Spencer, the Princess of Wales, was a famous bearer of this name.

Middle Name:

IRENE f English, Italian, Greek Mythology (Latinized)

Pronounced: IE-reen

Derived from Greek eirene meaning "peace". Irene was the Greek goddess of peace. Another famous bearer was an 8th-century Byzantine empress, the first woman to lead the Empire. She originally served as regent for her son, but later had him killed and ruled alone.

now im all interested.....

too bad you have a pimp already cause im lookin to e someones suga daddy

Zoraida: Perhaps means "enchanting woman" in Arabic, but possibly a name invented by Cervantes for a character in his novel 'Don Quixote', in which Zoraida is a beautiful Moorish woman of Algiers who converts to Christianity and elopes with a Spanish officer.

but my name is spelled.

Zorahida:

Name of an Egyptian princess.

JOSEPH m English, French, Biblical

Pronounced: JO-sef, zho-SEF

From the Hebrew name Yoseph meaning "he will add". In the Old Testament Joseph was the eleventh son of Jacob. Because he was the favourite of his father, his older brothers sent him to Egypt and told their father that he had died. In Egypt, Joseph became an advisor to the pharaoh, and was eventually reconciled with his brothers when they came to Egypt during a famine. This is the name of two characters in the New Testament: Joseph the husband of Mary and Joseph of Arimathea. Also, rulers of the Holy Roman Empire have had this name.

ROBERT m English, French, Scandinavian

Pronounced: RAW-burt

Means "bright fame", derived from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and beraht "bright". The Normans introduced this name to Britain. It belonged to three kings of Scotland, including Robert the Bruce who restored the independence of Scotland from England in the 14th century. The author Robert Browning and poets Robert Burns and Robert Frost are famous literary bearers of this name. Also, Robert E. Lee was the commander of the Confederate army during the American Civil War.

So basically my names translates into... "he will add bright fame!" Holla!!!

Between that and the rulers of the Holy Roman Empire, and my middle name belonging to three Kings of Scotland... that means I'm royalty! :eek: I always knew it was something, thank for helping me clear that up Liqid... and its about time you had a meaningful post. :laugh:

First name : AXEL m Scandinavian

Scandinavian form of ABSALOM

From the Hebrew name Abshalom (contracted from Abishalom) which meant "my father is peace". In the Old Testament he was a son of King David who led a revolt against his father. While fleeing he got his hair caught in a tree and was killed by Joab.

First name:

MICHAEL m English, German, Czech, Biblical

Pronounced: MIE-kul

From the Hebrew name Miyka'el which meant "who is like God?". This was the name of one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible. In the Book of Revelation in the New Testament he is portrayed as the leader of heaven's armies, and thus is considered the patron saint of soldiers. This was also the name of nine Byzantine emperors and a czar of Russia. Other more modern bearers of this name include the 19th-century chemist/physicist Michael Faraday and basketball player Michael Jordan.

Middle name:

EDWARD m English, Polish

Pronounced: ED-wurd

Means "rich guard", derived from the Old English elements ead "rich, blessed" and weard "guard". Saint Edward the Confessor was the king of England shortly before the Norman Conquest. Because of his popularity this name remained in use after the conquest (most other Old English names were replaced by Norman ones), and was even the name of eight subsequent kings of England. Edward is also one of the few Old English names to be used throughout Europe.

Last name not found..........Loffredo......but in Italian it means the cold.....

So I guess Im a coldhearted god-like king of some sort.........I can deal with that

:D

SALVADOR (really its salvator- italian)

isnt it Salvatore in Italian i know 5 people named Sal and none of them are Salvator.

ROBERT m English, French, Scandinavian

Pronounced: RAW-burt

Means "bright fame", derived from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and beraht "bright". The Normans introduced this name to Britain. It belonged to three kings of Scotland, including Robert the Bruce who restored the independence of Scotland from England in the 14th century. The author Robert Browning and poets Robert Burns and Robert Frost are famous literary bearers of this name. Also, Robert E. Lee was the commander of the Confederate army during the American Civil War.

JAMES m English, Biblical

Pronounced: JAYMZ

English form of the Latin Jacomus which was derived from Iakobos, the New Testament Greek form of JACOB. In the New Testament James is an important apostle, the brother of the apostle John. According to the Book of Acts he was beheaded by Herod Agrippa. Another James is also mentioned in the Bible as being the brother of Jesus. Kings of England and Scotland have borne this name. Other famous bearers include the inventor of the steam engine James Watt, the explorer Captain James Cook, and the novelist and poet James Joyce.

Originally posted by latinaz

Zoraida: Perhaps means "enchanting woman" in Arabic, but possibly a name invented by Cervantes for a character in his novel 'Don Quixote', in which Zoraida is a beautiful Moorish woman of Algiers who converts to Christianity and elopes with a Spanish officer.

but my name is spelled.

Zorahida:

Name of an Egyptian princess.

guess i better take up egyptology