Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone know if Carl Cox will be there again?

jrsygrl

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DJ Tiësto in concert

DJ Tiësto will become the first DJ in history to give a solo concert with a full orchestra of vocalists and string players, to be performed at a football stadium. Tiësto, who was recently voted best DJ in the world (in a DJ Magazine poll) will prove his worth on Saturday 10th May with a special solo set from 11pm until 7am. ID&T are the organisation behind this event, and are known for their large and extensive parties such as the ‘Sensation’ (held at the Amsterdam Arena stadium) and ‘Innercity’ (held at the Amsterdam RAI complex) annual dance events.

Tiësto aka Tijs Verwest not only won the best DJ award, but also received the Dutch National Pop Prize. Because of this, he has been granted a solo concert as a DJ in a football stadium for the first time in history. His hard work over the last four years was finally rewarded in 2001 when he became a commercial success after releasing his first artist album ‘My Memory’ that provided three Dutch Top 40 chart hits.

This performance at the Gelredome stadium will last for 8 hours (the first time that the Gelredome has obtained an all-night license) and this set will be accompanied by the latest sound, laser, video and light techniques available. The stadium can be blacked out at night, and in complete darkness the visual effects should be truly awesome!

i congratulate dj tiesto for this huge acomplishment. he has come down to play at a club called speace here in miami several times. but unfortunately i have always missed him. lola next time tiesto is here we can go see him together. si i can listen to the world's #1 dj and stare at the hot ass of yours as well. lol......wow, playing in a huge football field...that is amazing. larrylarge? i hear tiesto mixes it up from trance to house to breaks to progressive and back...is that true? does he throw down techno as well?

This is quite a big debate in in his home country right now.He plays a lot of Techno in his sets in Holland and it quite a shock for people expecting just Trance from the man.It is also a shock to some programers when you book a DJ expecting Trance and his 1st tune is a UMEK remix then a Carola and so on.

It never realy seems to matter to the party people as in all my time in the game I never seen such love from a crowd to DJ.

There is a huge 100% pure Techno event called Awakenings an they are running a poll if Tijs should play this gig or not the vote is about 60-40 againts.Its funny because it is a very hard gig to get on....

This is a bit like Paul Oakenfold being asked to play the Detroit Techno festival with Derrick May & Carl Craig....unlikely.

go to http://www.awakenings.nl for more info

and for info Tiesto & the Black Hole recording artists go to

http://www.blackholerecordings.com

:letsgo:

PS. We will have the Black Hole crew with us at Opium showcasing the next generation of Dutch DJ domination....

DJ/Producer COR FIJNERMAN & DJ/Producer MONTANA & many more...

Pe@ce