Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats happening to nightlife?

Whats happening to Nightlife in the city? Powder came and closed. Limelight? Could it have been open any less? Exit.. sure you have a good time there but it really has seen its day and the owner/management has not put a dollar into in years. Why did Powder close? Whats next to close? I dont think Crobar will happen for years if it even does. NY nightlife cant support a new mega club in my opinion quite yet. These are just my thoughts. Let me know.

Originally posted by stdiamante

Whats happening to Nightlife in the city? Powder came and closed. Limelight? Could it have been open any less? Exit.. sure you have a good time there but it really has seen its day and the owner/management has not put a dollar into in years. Why did Powder close? Whats next to close? I dont think Crobar will happen for years if it even does. NY nightlife cant support a new mega club in my opinion quite yet. These are just my thoughts. Let me know.

:laugh: I like the screenname...

Not only does joeg make me want to slap myself in the nuts, but he includes a 7923 word piss poor essay that dgmodel, that other half-sac jizz eater wrote about hip-hop. If I wanted to hear some fucking ramblings about hip-hop over and over again, I would actually SPEAK to the Big Black Teddy the Crazy Homeless guy on the fucking F train and probably get more out of it.

FUCK OFF

Originally posted by stdiamante

I spun at Float this past friday and was working with the sound tech who was the sound guy at Powder...

We were discussing what a shame it was that it closed down and he was pissed b/c he told me how great the sound system they had put into that place was...

Anyway, my understanding of it was the owner bought the place without figuring that it takes a while to get clubs off the ground and it helps to have good organized management in order to do so...

Things went down hill (or rather didn't get off to the greatest start) for the month it was opened and he wasn't making any money and didn't care about it enough to stick it out or try and improve upon the establishment so he backed out quick and is selling the place now.

Truly is a shame, supposedly the venue was real nice...and I was just about to check it out myself too.

:(

The whole economic climate is bad right now and I think it is affecting every business, including the nightlife biz.

Originally posted by ivehadit

Not only does joeg make me want to slap myself in the nuts, but he includes a 7923 word piss poor essay that dgmodel, that other half-sac jizz eater wrote about hip-hop. If I wanted to hear some fucking ramblings about hip-hop over and over again, I would actually SPEAK to the Big Black Teddy the Crazy Homeless guy on the fucking F train and probably get more out of it.

FUCK OFF

Y'all are soooo mean!! :laugh:

Since you mentioned the essay, I took the time to read it all and he does have some valid points.....but don't let his signature bother you that much, just scroll past it! DAYUM! :laugh:

Not all hip-hop is about blinging and balling and fucking....take Common and Talib, Mos Def, Dead Prez, all those conscious cats that are out these days. The problem? We never get to HEAR it unless we buy their albums because playlists at radio stations are full of the other crap.