Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Denny Tsettos At The Paradox

Originally posted by johnholmes

$$$$$ of course. paradox will be dead just like last time. proving many peoples feelings that the dj doesn't draw the crowd most of the time esp. in jersey. its whats the cool place to hang out or follow the followers

I think I am starting to agree with you.

BTW, haven't seen any of your movies lately, are you retired?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dtrave

You should pm these type of messages - this is about Denny Tsettos playing a garbage club just for the money

Dave,

i didn't respond to your first post because I don't like the idea of airing dirty laundry on a message board. Since you persist--it is unfair of you to comment on the venue--The only time you have been in the club since it changed hands was when you and your buddy Chris Lewis tried to get work here(August /September 2001 while you were "voluntarily" cutting back your shifts at Jimmy's) only to get turned away. How's Jimmy's treatin you by the way? I hear you are now Frankie Frank's bitch.

If this is the real "Dave The Rave" from Hoboken and not Jimmy's cheap knock off--I appologize-I don't know you and wouldn't lash out at an unbiased opinion

Anyway, the real point of this thread is that Denny is spinnin at the Paradox this Saturday. Come watch JP18 sweat behind the bar for a change. It won't be pretty but it will make you laugh.

Originally posted by theparadox

Dave,

i didn't respond to your first post because I don't like the idea of airing dirty laundry on a message board. Since you persist--it is unfair of you to comment on the venue--The only time you have been in the club since it changed hands was when you and your buddy Chris Lewis tried to get work here(August /September 2001 while you were "voluntarily" cutting back your shifts at Jimmy's) only to get turned away. How's Jimmy's treatin you by the way? I hear you are now Frankie Frank's bitch.

If this is the real "Dave The Rave" from Hoboken and not Jimmy's cheap knock off--I appologize-I don't know you and wouldn't lash out at an unbiased opinion

Anyway, the real point of this thread is that Denny is spinnin at the Paradox this Saturday. Come watch JP18 sweat behind the bar for a change. It won't be pretty but it will make you laugh.

I'm only gonna say it once son - Don't smoke crack

How was New Years By the way?

Originally posted by theparadox

Dave,

i'll only go if i can play street fighter 2 on the tv screens like back in the day. that place was one big cluster fuck of everything imaginable but mostly preps and dirtbags

Originally posted by dtrave

Shouldn't he have a residency for the other 8 -9 months of the year rather than fucking around in Larcata or Paradox?

hE DOESN'T HAVE A RESIDENCY THERE (PARADOX)......... HE IS GUEST DJ-ING ...........

People usually go to Paradox for a great let your hair down have a blast party, Yes they may not be into DJ knowlegde as well as other party goers may.............. but who cares.......... I always have fun there. Wayching JP dance and sweat is a great time......... HA HA

I'm going to stick to what i have said in the past. Paradox is the best "venue" in nj.

The need to re-do it and get a new sound system/lights. But its near all major highways and the building so fucking cool.. the potential is so there. It may be in Plainfield but tunnel wasn't in the best section either and that never kept people out.

Build a rep up for this place keep it open till 4 like you told me you where working on,,.. open the other levels

omg you have jerseys first mega-club

Originally posted by notallthere

I'm going to stick to what i have said in the past. Paradox is the best "venue" in nj.

The need to re-do it and get a new sound system/lights. But its near all major highways and the building so fucking cool.. the potential is so there. It may be in Plainfield but tunnel wasn't in the best section either and that never kept people out.

Build a rep up for this place keep it open till 4 like you told me you where working on,,.. open the other levels

I agree it can be something good too with work & a general cleanup & DJ that isn't from Mars - someone who could relate to earthlings. Did I mention the management? He told me once when he took over Kirk Lopez killed the place. Oh Really?

Originally posted by notallthere

i agree but so many places have "potential" its people are fucking followers. new jersey sticks to the same garbage week in week out.

I saw denny at paradox last year and it wasn't a big turn out. but he did great as usual. i don't mind paradox b/c my friend is the resident on fridays and he's great too! fridays are always a good time there. and jp18 is the greatest bartendar in the world!!! you go baby!!!

anyway, i appologize to those who think i'm starting any drama, i don't like drama so that's not what i wanted or was trying to do.

:(

i might make a short appearance to see denny b/c i don't think i can wait for the summer! i need atleast one or two doses of him during the winter!!:) then i get it every weekend down the shore! i usually go sundays though, not as crowded and still as equally fun as saturday.:)

Originally posted by johnholmes

i agree but so many places have "potential" its people are fucking followers. new jersey sticks to the same garbage week in week out.

There are a lot of really good venues in NJ. People stick to what they know....Dare to be different.....:idea:

IMO

Clubs always advertise as something of a NY feel or look

I think and always have thought that paradox has the closest look to a NYC club around. there is a big room downstairs and a side room off of that then upstairs is a 2 story main room with a lounge behind it. the third floor is also got good feel to it. they did some work i there i like the set up. they need to promote it. plainfield or not tequila joes is in newark and was alway full. Joeys is in clifton and i hear thats not the greatest town anymore. they just need as spygirl said alot of people to dare to be different all at once and get it going

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

IMO

Clubs always advertise as something of a NY feel or look

I think and always have thought that paradox has the closest look to a NYC club around. there is a big room downstairs and a side room off of that then upstairs is a 2 story main room with a lounge behind it. the third floor is also got good feel to it. they did some work i there i like the set up. they need to promote it. plainfield or not tequila joes is in newark and was alway full. Joeys is in clifton and i hear thats not the greatest town anymore. they just need as spygirl said alot of people to dare to be different all at once and get it going

Nicely said, and I agree! :) DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!

i worked at paradox on the 2nd floor when it was shout about 3 years ago. The room got pretty busy but definitely a strange crowd due to the band factor......The room was busy but when the bands went on a break downstairs it would get packed, weird flow all night long..There were a few problems with the place: the music had to be off by 1:30, they had only 2 speakers hangin' from the ceiling in which 1 would go off every 15 minutes or so without playing it loud, and i used to bring in my own lighting( studio spots), the only lights that worked in that room was the pinspot circle which i installed on the ceiling in the center of the room and some par cans...........other than that it there wasn't much to work with there...........the potential for the room is great because of the high ceilings......the closing time and location aren't the best............i'm sure they made changes since then............my reason for not going back was that they bounced 4 checks in a row and they still owe me money.(the old management not the new).....the following season i went to abyss.......

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

im going to dare to see if i can stop by sat night. got to ask someone first for permission lol

maybe some of the CP heads should dare to be different this sat giht and go support Denny

Yeah go suppport Denny............. at Paradox, come one you monkey mother bitches........................... You go see him everywhere else............ :D:cool: