Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hard dance petition

just curious - how many people would go to a hardhouse/hard trance/hard dance party if one were to take place in nyc? i'm thinking the good shit, not the bosh bosh of tidy trax crap, not this grating dissonance of hardcore/gabber. Stuff like Yoji Biomehanika, JP (NOT J. PETERS!!!!), Tom Harding, Lab 4 etc. Like the HQ parties in amsterdam/ibiza.

peaz,

rob

ok allow me to rephrase - not lisa lashes or klubbheads. i also don't really like the boshy "hard trance" (that is neither hard nor trance) of djs like scot project either. i guess i was referring to the sound and not the label. lab4 has their own label but released virus on tidy. also they've been affiliated a lot - collaboration with lisa lashes and frequent appearances at tidy or sundissential-sponsored tents. again, i know that yoji has his own label and has many affiliations, tidy in the UK, UDC in holland etc.

yeah, tho ppl have recognize that this music fucking rules and that's all there is to it.

You mean like the NRG stuff they play at Torture Garden in the UK? I used to play Lab 4 and ASYS at FunHouse last year. Might have to dig some of the stuff back up again. I've been getting into some hardstyle stuff lately like HAZARD, Hardheadz, Hardstyle God, Russenmafia, Hose, etc. that I'm gonna start playing when we move over to Shelter on the 24th, but it's only gonna be for part of my set every week.

Originally posted by dialectics

ps... where do you go to get your fix? if something doesn't change soon i'm going to have to throw the fucking party myself.

I don't:( I've finished with the hardhouse clubs now and that is the only place i would really get to see these dj's unless i catch them in a tent at a festival or somthing.I meant to catch Lab 4 at GG,but i got watching someone else,you know how it is.

There are a lot of people who want to see some of these harder trance dj's at Gatecrasher,but i can't see it happening cos i saw Kai Tracid there a few months ago and even he was tool hard really.I'm curious about Yoji though,i do really want to see him this year.

How bout Karim? (Nu-NRG)

You might like Nick Sentience, he's gonna be in San Fran coming up here..

For the harder stuff, Sharkey and stuff on the Bonkerz play around that 150 bpm mark...Check out the Mutations cd for their newest, there was a recent Mixmag CD with MC Storm & Brisk.

I can understand you not liking the oink sound, its rather annoying at times, but everyone in the scene is either going more techy, or trancey...not much bouncy oink oink to speak off anymore

Someone you might like is Weirdo from the Tinrib label, he's one of my faves, also Jon Doe, I just ordered his new album, i can rip and burn if you are intrested...

as for a hard dance party..not bloody likely

A crew in ATL just threw a Hard Dance Education party, with Andy Farley headlining..a giant step for the scene in my opinion..

The crazy thing is, most of those names are huge in the UK and Europe, but most have never been in the US AT ALL.

It'll take some dedicated promtors to bulid a US following of Hard Dance, not everyone can discover it they way we have...some need to stumble across a night where they hear it!