Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubs in SD

kross921

What kind of music do you like? There isnt much here in SD but once in a while we get good house DJs.

There is a party tonight (Thursday) at the ONYX room with Julius Papp with no cover.

Friday - Electric Skychurch Live at PURE this week, Doc Martin at On Broadway.

Club Montage has a night called FUEL - sometimes has good house DJs. Dirty Vegas will be there on Sunday 1/26.

There are more clubs that i havent been to. I usually go out to LA on weekends when i wanna go out, unless there is something going on here in SD.

Pacific Beach/Mission Bay: tons of small bars and lounges that have good guests. RZA was in town a few weeks ago at some bar in Mission Bay. There is a club on Garnet Avenue (a road off the 5 south that leads directly to the beach...) called Plan B. Opposite it a bit are PB Bar and Grill and Moondoggies, both good places to eat and chill.

In the Gaslamp/downtown quarter: Ole Madrid, Cafe Sevilla, On Broadway (VERY good music), 4th and B (very good too), Lips, Red Circle (Russian owned place, all kinds of vodka, good music), E Street Alley, and so forth. There are tons of places if you just drop yourself downtown and walk around.

In La Jolla, there is a club in the Hyatt hotel on La Jolla Village Drive....Cafe Japengo. Tons of lounges and cafes by the Cove and such...

Hillcrest (the "gay" area of San Diego) is pretty fun too, but expensive...

hope that helps you out....coming from someone who lives in San Diego, one of the most boring but beautiful cities in this country. :D

P.S. I forgot this place called Mirage...it's off Balboa...my friend sometimes spins there....not too bad.

The afterhours thing here is kind of shitty.Everything closes pretty much in the West Coast (unless you know some people who know of places the public isn't aware of) after 2 am, some clubs are lucky if they go till 3 or 4. For afterhours, we usually go to a sheesha place on 5th Avenue and Ash street downtown called Mediterannean Cafe. Very nice music, people, food, and sheesha :) Otherwise, I can't think of anything else besides Denny's and hookah places that are open that late....

I like Bar Dynamite, good hous/ hip hop and decent crowd though not a club... On Broadway has that cool VIP room they opened recently really chill, and Candelas on third? has a great bar scene as well, a bit off the beaten path but not as San Diego-ish if you know what I mean...