Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Memorial Day Weekend

bostonbabe

Ok Im coming down from Boston with 6 of my friends.. all girls, we booked our trip and then heard Miami is strickly Black Beach Week in SOBE on Memorial Day Weekend? Is this true and are all the clubs focused on only HIP HOP? Any input let me know. Thanks! Also were staying at the Marriot SouthBEach... how is it?

Originally posted by bostonbabe

OH NO! so we wont be able to find any House Music or white boys?....

:laugh: :laugh:

FRIDAY- Spin and Maze-- both house muzique

SATURDAY- Space (downtown)-- VERY GOOD house muzique

u will find "white boys", "white girls" and even "white cubans"...so dont worry:tongue:

Were at the Marriot on 120 ocean drive.. not sure where that is compared to the "hot spots" and what not.. neva been to South BEach..any clue?

That's right on the "hot" spot... It's not a good area to be in Memorial Weekend... be very carefull with your personal belongings and avoid walking alone at nights!

Good Luck!!!

:blown: sorry babe.. SOBE is not the place to be on memorial weekend... i'm blk and a hip-hop fan.. and i don't want to be down there... the only white boys you're gonna find are the ones who thing they are down and call each other nigga...i was there 4 yrs ago and from then i was getting wrost.. last year there were numerous stabbings and 3 shoot outs and one girl dead...

Originally posted by digital7

Seattle is great .. shoot me a PM as the date gets closer .. Im part of a Seattle club board .. I might be able to sort you out with what's going on

thx will def. do that....

bostonbabe

now about the :blown: just avoid the hot spots, stay together

& you'll be fine..

Were at the Marriot on 120 ocean drive.. not sure where that is compared to the "hot spots" and what not.. neva been to South BEach..any clue?

I have stayed at the Marriot recently and it will do the job for you... Don't expect an Ian Schrager hotel (The Delano). However, do expect the Marriot to be filled to the rafters with out-of-towners that you may regard as "unpleasant" on Memorial Weekend. Your hotel is directly on the ocean only a block away from Nikki's Beach (club) and 2 blocks from Opium Garden (club), both fun. You will be able to hear the music from the Opium Garden when leaving the hotel on the weekend. Dont worry there are plenty of places that will still be cool to go to, most of the crappy places will be hosting crap on that weekend so you aint losing out on much. Oh bring your kevlar....j/k. :blown: