Clubplanet Nightlife Community

rx-89

atomicapples

There's definately something very wrong with that commercial. 1st off all the words are in Japanese, but the music is in English, hmmmmm.............2nd, the RX-8 is supposed to be a sportscar, it looks like they're marketing it more like a Saturn from the looks of this, with the parents and the daughter, and the party of 4 jumping in................:nono: :nono:

I don't like the way it looks anyway, the last model RX-7 was way sportier looking. JMO though.

Originally posted by ou812

There's definately something very wrong with that commercial. 1st off all the words are in Japanese, but the music is in English, hmmmmm.............2nd, the RX-8 is supposed to be a sportscar, it looks like they're marketing it more like a Saturn from the looks of this, with the parents and the daughter, and the party of 4 jumping in................:nono: :nono:

I don't like the way it looks anyway, the last model RX-7 was way sportier looking. JMO though.

the Rx-7 is still in production in Japan and the rx-8 is a sedan not a sports car

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

i certainly hope not...ford is basing their future lineup on Mazda-engineered platforms

:worry:

That's because ford owns 30% of mazda.

and as for "crappy jap cars"... funny, but i don't see many american platforms taking 1st place in Lemans, or on many racetracks outside of NASCAR.

americans and their cars... "simple cars for simple people"

the RX8 is probably going to rip apart the 7 on the track. It's got better chassis dynamics and weight distribution. All it lacks are about 30hp on the 7... but no worries. ;)

Just like the 350Z, it's going to be a fun to drive sportscar that's sensible enough to use everyday.

And i'm sure the track models and purpose-built racecars will turn out to be something insane, as usual

Originally posted by cintron

That's because ford owns 30% of mazda.

and as for "crappy jap cars"... funny, but i don't see many american platforms taking 1st place in Lemans, or on many racetracks outside of NASCAR.

americans and their cars... "simple cars for simple people"

the RX8 is probably going to rip apart the 7 on the track. It's got better chassis dynamics and weight distribution. All it lacks are about 30hp on the 7... but no worries. ;)

so true people don't know jack shit. this car will replace the millenia and retail for about 35k. mazda was the only profitable line in the ford family (im pretty sure) the old rx 7 from the 90's still commands a huge premium if u can find one used. i am just not sure if this car uses the rotary engine as in the past.

Originally posted by johnholmes

so true people don't know jack shit. this car will replace the millenia and retail for about 35k. mazda was the only profitable line in the ford family (im pretty sure) the old rx 7 from the 90's still commands a huge premium if u can find one used. i am just not sure if this car uses the rotary engine as in the past.

actually..volvo is the most profitable line in the ford family...mazda is a close second

and the RX-8 uses a brand new rotary design....more reliable and better on gas

and i would not say its replacing the Millenia....this is going to appeal to a much different customer base than the Millenia did

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

actually..volvo is the most profitable line in the ford family...mazda is a close second

and the RX-8 uses a brand new rotary design....more reliable and better on gas

and i would not say its replacing the Millenia....this is going to appeal to a much different customer base than the Millenia did

agree

Originally posted by darthvader

This thread has nothing to do with "SEX"!

:otopic:

yeah... uhh... since we don't have a "CAR" board... (which i've complained about before) all car posts go on here because its close enough... :)

japanese sports cars are pointless? ok, cool... i'll let david buschur know... i'm sure he'll probably just throw that 10-second eclipse he made out of "off-the-shelf" mods...

i'll brb, i'm gonna jump in my pickup truck and pick up a six pack and throw on some nascar... then imma beat my wife, and burn some crosses... after that, i'll probably have some more beer, and wash down my trailer... yeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwww!

cletus2.gif

Originally posted by barslut

oooooooooooo a 10 second eclipse im soo scared , inbred hicks in arkansas have been building 10 second small blocks since 1969.

i fail to see how that makes the japanese cars "pointless"... :confused:

and are they streetable?

yes. and they dont have exploding dsm trannies either.

they have exploding rear diff's...

i'm not saying imports are *BETTER* i'm just saying they're not "pointless"... don't get me wrong. better is in the eyes of the owner...

ok i will rephrase , there inferior.

hahahaha... if you're talkin on a whole, than yeah, i'll give you that... because hondas are just the minor leagues... and they make up a good part of the import community... the only real competitors in the import market are dsms(including evos), mr2s, supras, rx7's, and skylines... and you're not likely to see any of those on a given street... whereas you can't walk down a street without seeing a sbc or a 5.0...

personally, i like both... i have a dsm, and a have a 79 vette with a sbc...(even though its not running right now, lol...) theres definately a time and plice for mind-numbing torque and smoke producing burnouts that would scare a fireman... and as much as i like the sound of a 2.0 turbo with an exhaust... a nice big block with dual 3" makes a sound paralelled by none....

I see it like this.

Domestics are Duplo blocks

Imports are lego blocks

Duplos are built big and clunky. Don't argue this point -- the interior and overall construction of domestics has a clunkier feel to it. Sit in an MR2 and then have a seat in a camaro. They are worlds apart.

Duplos are fun, cheap and can make bigger buildings than legos.

Legos are built smaller and more precisely. It takes a lot more to make a structure the size of a duplo building, but they're more diverse and can make more sharply defined, smaller structures.

Legos also come in pneumatic types, and can go "PSSSSSHT" on occasion when you want to sound fun. Legos dont normally shoot flames but that's not the point.

I'm a lego guy.

that is all.

Lego owners also tend ot put stickers on their legos , love the stickers for products that arent even on their cars , lego owners also seem to be fond of 6 foot touring wings on fwd cars. lets not forget about 6 inch exhaust tip on the farting exhaust and non painted body kits,. I am not a domestic guy , it just seem nowadays people (kids) are inly concerned with 0-60 an quater mile times , ans in that aspect imports cant touch domestics , and if you want to talk about handeling well then thats where the europeans come into this equasion. And if your gonna argue about import supremacy remember that in the usa we dont get , supras , rx7's or skylines, why? cause for 40 grand people would rather get a german car.

;) i hate drag racing. as for handling, the japanese and europeans are both adept at that. JGTC races - Mr2's hold 13 victories.

LeMans - Porsche and Audi hold manufacturer's cups. Mazda kicked ass with their 787B but i don't think they took home a manufacturer cup.

We DO get supras, RX7's and other cars here beacuse they're fun, but the difference is, that for 40 grand in the mid 1990's, people would rather have bought an SUV. That's what killed the true sportscars more than anything else.

And if you want to spend twice that amount and you're committed to buying a truly purpose built exotic sportscar, sure buy German or Italian. Midas well, for that price.

just don't confuse the show crowd with the real performance enthusiast. I blame them entirely for every stereotyped comment i hear because i own an import.

More often than not, a fast import doesnt look like one.

I read grassroots motorsports not turbo i understand the differences , As far as the funcfactor you couldent be more wrong , japanese cars have no feel there cold and dull , slightly over enginered( a plus) but the dont have the feel for the road like german cars. why? because german cars are designed for the autobahn and japanese designers dont have that as a refrence point. And yes the wankel is a very potent motor , prolly cause it was designed by a german.