Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Banana Hasn't Had Sex in Years

groovefire

Phil just forwarded me this news story, and I had to share...the idea of bananas of having sex is wonderfully bizarre isn't it?

Bananas' Days May Be Numbered, Scientist Says

Wed Jan 15, 3:34 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - It is one of the world's favorite fruits, but the banana hasn't had sex in years and its days may be are numbered.

Without scientific help the sterile, seedless fruit could disappear with 10 years, according to a Belgian plant pathologist.

Emile Frison, the head of the International Network for the Improvement of Banana and Plantain in Monpellier, France, said the fruit lacks the genetic diversity to fight off diseases and pests that are plaguing banana plantations and only biotechnology and genetic manipulation may be able to save it.

"Frison sees it as the only hope for the banana," New Scientist said on Wednesday.

Without assistance banana production could drop and mark the beginning of the end of the fruit.

"We may even see the extinction of the banana as both a lifesaver for hungry and impoverished Africans and as the most popular product on the world's supermarket shelves," the magazine added.

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Man, what I wouldn't give to work for the International Network for the Improvement of Banana and Plantain. Talk about a dream job!

Man, it looks like bananas and I have something in common.... neither of us are getting laid these days! attachment.php?postid=1238035.jpg

Nice and extra points for shitting on yourself there:aright:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Hey, I was actually being nice to you there! You have to get rid of that pent up anger you're holding on to.

My advice, try some chai tea to start your day. It will help relax you spanky.

Give him a break - he's just upset about the bananas :(