Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Judge Drops 'Bumfights' Felony Charges

this video is 70% funny

Bumhunter isnt really my cup of tea though, i think thats what they got in trouble for.

EL CAJON, Calif. - A judge dropped felony charges against four men accused of videotaping fistfights and humiliating acts involving homeless people and selling the tapes they called "Bumfights."

Superior Court Judge Larrie Brainard ruled Wednesday that there was insufficient evidence for felony battery and soliciting charges. He ordered the four defendants to stand trial on one charge of conspiracy to stage an illegal fight and three of them to be tried on a charge of conspiracy to commit battery.

The defendants — Ryan McPherson, 19; Zachary Bubeck, 25; Daniel J. Tanner, 21; and Michael Slyman, 21 — have pleaded innocent. If convicted, they could face up to one year in jail on each charge.

They will be back in court Feb. 5.

Despite his ruling, Brainard said there was "something abhorrent and morally repugnant in finding joy and profit" through demeaning other human beings.

The video titled "Bumfights: A Cause for Concern" was promoted by radio shock jock Howard Stern and denounced on the floor of the House of Representatives. About 300,000 copies of it sold at $20 each, authorities said.

The judge's ruling followed a five-day preliminary hearing involving testimony from men on the tapes who said they were paid for their performances, some saying they were given $5 and $10 bills. Two said they did not remember if they were intoxicated.

"The message is being sent that this type of activity is illegal," prosecutor Curtis Ross said. "It still is a crime. The message is being sent out that what they engaged in, it's still criminal activity."

I loved it the video. Iliked BLING BLING the best when he showed us how to smoke crack. " BLING BLING'S crack pipe hidden up in his collor." Some of the fights were good, some were real deal gang fights. But overall it is no worse than the Steve O video. I have to say it is alot better than the Beetle Juice DVD, did anyone see that?