Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If You Were Building Your Own Dream Venue

I love South Beach's "Opium Garden!" The open air roof is amazing and if you've ever been to Sunrise Sessions out on the patio at Space, the morning air and the sunrising is sickkkkkkkkkk. So thats a must, I'm going for the open roof.

You wanna build a club, I mean a musical paradise? I thought about a Greek Mythology type layout with live godesses as statues, but I'm going with the "Colliseum!" Off the West Side Highway down on the water, create a smaller replica of the Colliseum in Rome, only with a retractable roof and 3 levels rising up from the main dancefloor in the center of the structure. Water fountains similar to the ones found in Rome are located throughout the structure both inside and out. In the underground of the Colliseum, you'll find a lounge that will feature hard tech and tribal on Friday nights with hip-hop on Saturday nights, an upscale chill lounge and a very exclusive vip area with "room" service for anyone that wants to do their business or hold a private party with their friends.

Rome5_TreviFountainFront1.jpg

Level 1, raised several feet above the main dancefloor would have a bar around the entire perimeter of the structure.

Level 2, bottle service required - buy 2 bottles, get 1 free!

Level 3, lounge set-up with exclusive vip area... featuring a massive dj booth looking down on the crowd of the structure with a state-of-the-art 1,000,000 watt Phazon sound system. Here is a view from the location of the booth....

Rome5_Colliseum_HalfCircleRound.jpg

Opening night, The Resurrection of The Colliseum... 24 hours of mayhem with Danny Tenaglia, Junior Vasquez, Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk and Paul Oakenfold... with Jonathan Peters opening for Mauro Picotto in the underground tech lounge.

Music by New York's own Danny Tenaglia every Friday night with International talent taking over the space every Saturday into the Sunday afternoons. The staff would would dress in costume gear similar to the movie Gladiator... girls sexy and ripped, guys jacked. Who wants a job? The venue would be primarily used as a nightclub, but with its overwhelming capacity it could also be used for indoor and outdoor concerts during the week.

I'm not a big fan of VIP levels and areas, I love the communality of a huge club, such as what Nation (the event being Buzz) in DC was all about . . . 3000+ person club, 1000 people out on the main floor, large DJ booth at the front, 2 tiers above for people to watch the crowd and sit. Good flow patterns, rarely bottlenecks in the crowd. Amazing sound system, tweeters weren't set too high as to make your ears bleed, bass good enough to make you feel it, but not to really hear it. . . just great system all around.

A great club would have to be massive, but not take too long to get inside. It should have some level of air conditioning, so you aren't dripping all night. There should be multiple rooms, a house, trance, rap/r&b, DnB, etc. . . including one main room with a huge floor and multiple tiers ringing it for the headliners. A room that is outside or on the roof is a must.

Residents should include. . . Scott Henry, Charles Feelgood, DJ Taucher, Erick Morillo, Deep Dish, Donald Glaude, Aphrodite, Danny Howells . . . no problem with bimonthly residents for the big men.

Random DJs should include Boy George, Tiesto, Acosta, ATB, DJ Rap, PvD, Sasha, Junior Vasquez, etc. . .

Buzz in DC had most of that. . . . damn I miss that place now that they closed it.

Originally posted by dani672

i would really like the place to be nice and open like the roxy..

tsettos as the dj

bathrooms like hunkabunkas or tempts

and in paramus.. 5 mins from my house!

oh and you have to be 23 to get in!

that would totally suck for me since i turn 21 in 9 days....if anything like this happened, i would hope it would be about 2 years away :D