Clubplanet Nightlife Community

asian women in nyc...

Just giving this one a quick bump before I go to bed. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. I don't know if less sickness spreads here vs. over there, but if it actually helps out, it seriously wouldn't be a bad thing if people wore masks over here too....

Originally posted by brickhouse

In asian countries, it's considered polite to wear surgical masks out in public when you're sick. That way you don't spread germs to other people. Probably just force of habit over here, but everyone does it in Japan and Vietnam...

This is actually true, particularly in densely populated cities prone to pollution and germs. Most typical Asians esp the elderly are health fanatics. My grandmother (deceased) would always don one on before going anywhere.

Originally posted by dgmodel

why do i see some asian women wearing surgical masks in shopping stores or on the street or lets just say out in public??? (im not making fun here or "dissing" just curious if its a cultural issue or simply fear the air/pollution here???)

Some do nails and it keeps the dust from filing out........ maybe it's a cheap face warmer or there just trying to not catch germs........