Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sell your ride and buy new brakes!!

teklord310

Originally posted by joeg

holy fuck....

yarin, i'm going to sell your car and buy those...

More like 2 of my car....

What the hell am I gonna do with them though?? I'd tear the car in half by just using them.

Someone said that in the owners manual for the GT2 it says "check rearview mirror before applying brakes" :cool:

Yeah its a $10k option on the turbo.. but then again if u had to buy the "regular" 911 turbo brakes from a dealer i bet you it would cost $8k alone for all 4. Dealer parts are soooo expensive, especially this shit.

Originally posted by Crackorn

Are they Brembos?

nope, not brembos. porsche manufactures their own brakes...unlike ferrari, or lambo.

i know movit is selling a cermaic composite brake kit, and brembo will be making some soon...both for around $8K.

in the real world, ceramic brakes have no use really, so i dont know why anyone would buy them. but im sure some ricers are more than willing to spend 10 grand for brakes on a honda thats worth half that.

:D

yup that's pretty much it.

the temperature threshold for the pads and rotors is far far too high for normal street use. they wouldn't even get warm enough to do anything if you were just fooling around on the freeway.

I bet those suckers need a good hard couple laps to get up to temperature.

but yes there are idiots who want ceramic brakes for no reason other than bragging rights.

for street use, a good 2 or 4 piston caliper with 13" aluminum rotors are sufficient...

but if you're doing track events, you're going to get a lot of fade, and go through a lot of pads/rotors with normal brakes... i mean, if you have the money, ceramic is niiiice... but you can get a really nice kit from brembo or wilwood for like $4k thats going to be more than enough for most applications...

Originally posted by johnnyrevs1

4 piston calipers came standard on my 90 rx-7 turboII

they slowed my car down from 150mph pretty quick :tongue::D

it takes me less than a half hour to change pads and cut rotors on my car

the rx7 has really nice brakes... every rx7 owner i've ever met commented about that at one point or another...

i can't say the same for my dsm... brakes are definately not its strong suit... although theres a brembo kit for like $1g that sets things right....

the rx7 has really nice brakes... every rx7 owner i've ever met commented about that at one point or another...

i can't say the same for my dsm... brakes are definately not its strong suit... although theres a brembo kit for like $1g that sets things right....

AP racing makes some nice 4, 6, and even 8 piston brake kits for DSM's :)

they go for about 2 to 4 grand

Originally posted by teklord310

The difference between street and track lies party in the pads themselves. It all depends what type of pads you use. Pure track pads to take a long time to heat up, not ideal for street use. Gotta figure out what to go with this spring... :D

they also beat the piss out of the rotor... i have porterfield r4-s kevlar pads on my dsm... which are a nice compromise for a street car... the porterfield pads for "race only" had a warning next to them about having to replace rotors more frequently, lol...

they also beat the piss out of the rotor... i have porterfield r4-s kevlar pads on my dsm... which are a nice compromise for a street car... the porterfield pads for "race only" had a warning next to them about having to replace rotors more frequently, lol...

Ever see fully mettalic race pads in use?? Those things shoot sparks out of the wheels when you get on them. Crazy to watch. Download Getaway in Stockholm 1 with the 911. I've seen it in person on an M coupe. Crazy... :eek: