Clubplanet Nightlife Community

clubbing with S.O. - who pays?

Here's a silly question... perhaps more for the guys, unless you're a girl who makes more than your man

When you go clubbing with your significant other, do you ever pay for cover for both yourself and (let's just say, to make this simple) her? If so, how often? Never, rarely, occassionally, usually, always?

IMO, in NYC, you probably need to be making pretty good money in order to do that regularly

my gf paid for my broke ass for a while (musik bless her)...

then i started paying for myself

now i pay for her a bunch of the time...but she still suprises me.

even when i was broke though i took her out on special occasions and stuff.

i think it somewhat depends on whether you are:

a) taking her out to join your world

B) going to clubs is something you both do / did all the time

If b then always paying for her is like always paying the grocery bill, the gym membership or her monthly metro-card.

If a, then you should def pay more cause you really are inviting her to do something with you instead of both going to something you already did seperately...

just my opinion of course...

and i should add that I have a RARE and EXCEPTIONAL gf who cuts me a lot of slack :whip2:

my gf is not really into the scene, i've been trying to invite her out for a night of mayhem and i would pay for that. If it because a regular thing she would pay admission and i'd prolly buy her the drinks. Shes not a freeloader though, if she sees me paying alot then she'll treat me the next time out.