Clubplanet Nightlife Community

upcoming :: Hybrid | Richard Humpty Vission | DJ Rap

talk2buzzdc

|| || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || ||

Buzzlife Productions| Capitol Intensive Clubbing

Techno | Drum 'n' Bass | Breaks | House| Progressive | Trance | Electro(clash)

Buzz – America’s #1 Mega-Club 2002 | Buzzlife -- #1 Club Promoter 2002 — URB Magazine

ULTIMATE BREAKS on the PHAZON...

THIS SATURDAY, JANUARY 25, 2003 — HYBRID _dj set | Mark Forrest

+ drum ‘n’ bass with John Tab | ODJ

More info on these lineups visit: www.buzzlife.com

Win FREE tickets to Buzzlife@Trust + discuss beats, events and other news on the Buzzlife messageboard -- www.buzzlife.com

Buzzlife memberships available for FREE — admission most weeks as low as $10 for members — www.buzzlife.com

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 01, 2003 — RICHARD HUMPTY VISSION | ELECTROSLEAZE

Admission: $10 for Buzz members | $15 for non-members

Music styles at this event: bangin’ house | breaks | electro | techno

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

RICHARD HUMPTY VISSION || richardhumptyvission.com | LA ||

SUNEEL || Stellar DC | Electrolife | Relapse | metro DC/B-more ||

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

and the SLEAZE electroclash takover in the BASS-MENT:

MORPHEUS || The Syndicate | Luvchild Entertainment | sleazedc.com | metro DC/B-more ||

MIAH || The Syndicate | Onelove Artist Management | metro DC/B-more ||

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The proliferation of electroclash CD compilations is reaching epidemic proportions. Keep in mind that “electroclash†is not a sound — it’s a lifestyle, a way of thinking that weaves together the best electronic sounds of the new-wave 80s, techno-rave 90s and today, into a twisted mix of EDM. Moonshine Music released “Electro Nouveau†which has examples of the various “electroclash†sounds. You interested? The following compilation CDs can be found on amazon.com: “This is Not the 80s†(double CD compilation); “Remembering the Future†by NASA; “Simultationszeitalter†by Anthony Rother, “Euromantique†by Ganymede, “(-)X(-)=(+)†by_Sieg Uber Die Sonne, “Turbo Studio Sessions Vol. 3†+ more...

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2003: REDWOOD RAP SESSION

Music styles at this event: drum ‘n’ bass | tech-house | deep house

DJ RAP

DJ BRYCE w/ ILLY EMCEE || Blended | Sonar | Family Prod. | metro DC/B-more ||

and in the BASS-MENT:

EDAN || 4twenty4.com| djedan.com | Clear| metro DC/B-more ||

IMPLICIT || Electrolife | electrolife.com | metro DC/B-more ||

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2003: SCOTT HENRY’S HEARTBREAK HOTEL

Admission: $10 for members | $15 for non-members

Music styles at this event: tech-house | progressive | drum ‘n’ bass

SCOTT HENRY || www.buzzlife.com | metro DC/B-more ||

LENI K. || Q & K Session | Dorigen UK | Tribe Limited | djlenik.com | metro DC/B-more ||

and in the BASS-MENT:

JOHN TAB || www.buzzlife.com | metro DC/B-more ||

TELEMETRIK || metro DC/B-more ||

For those who don’t believe in St. Valentine, Buzzlife still wants to be yours. We rented FIVE rooms for an upcoming Friday night at the very funky, very upscale Rouge Hotel <http://www.rougehotel.com> in downtown DC. The theme of this rock-star hotel is RED, with leopard skin carpets, “heavenly beds,†flat-screen TVs and Sony Playstations in every room. A vibrant interior design theme accents each room with red curtains, sheets, lamps and mini-bar items. There’s even a complimentary pizza and Bloody Mary bar every morning. Be sure to check out their website to view the rooms.

Buzzlife created 5 Heartbreak Hotel categories, and an individual from each category will win one of the rooms. You enter the contest when you arrive at the club. You can enter only once, so make sure the category fits you. We’ll announce the 5 winners just before closing on this night, Saturday, Feb. 15, 2003. Buzzlife covers room charge and hotel tax only. Any incidentals (movies, mini-bar, room service) are not covered by Buzzlife. The categories are:

“Light of Heart†-- for prog. and trance

“Broken Hearts†-- for drum ‘n’ bass, “breakâ€beats and 2-step

“Hearts of Iron & Steel†-- for techno, hard dance and electro

“Groove is in the Heart†- for house heads

“Heart to Hartz†-- for the drama queens, the dirt diggers, and those “in the knowâ€

More details will be available at the club....

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2003: D.A.V.E. THE DRUMMER

Music styles at this event: techno | hard dance | and oodles of breaks and other broken beats

D.A.V.E. THE DRUMMER || Cluster | 4 X 4 | Hydraulix | Stay Up Forever | UK ||

THE REPLICANT || www.metrotechno.net | Metatrack Studios | metro DC/B-more ||

and in the BASS-MENT:

BEAT FREQ || GHM | Innuendo | metro DC/B-more ||

BIOTEKNIK || Broken Soul | Hybrid (dc) | metro DC/B-more ||

D.A.V.E. has been at it for years now, and we've seen and heard his sound shift from the uplifting trance of the early Stay Up Forever releases to a more stripped-down techno approach that keeps in line with the London sound. As well as regularly appearing on London Acid Techno labels Stay Up Forever, Cluster, and Smitten, his releases can also be found gracing a greater variety of labels such as Molecular, Techno Slut, Eukatech, 12" Monkeys and his own label Hydraulix. There have been many solo projects, and many collaborations with long-term partners that include Chris Liberator, Lawrie Immersion, Geezer, and Kris Needs.

SNEAK PEAK --

March 01: DJ MICRO + in the BASS-ment -- electroclash gone SLEAZY

March 08: MARK EG smashes up techno, vinyl, the DJ booth + Syndrome Industries Soundclash

March 15: TOTAL SCIENCE & BARON – Buzz drum’n’bass residents from the UK

March 22: RENNIE PILGREM — The definition of UK breaks personified

| 9 p.m. - 2 a.m. | 18 & over w/ valid photo ID | NO dress code

Saturdays on the Phazon soundsystem at Redwood Trust in Baltimore

$2 drink specials every Saturday from 9 p.m. - 10 p.m.

www.buzzlife.com

talk2buzz@buzzlife.com

Redwood Trust:

200 E. Redwood St.

downtown Baltimore

410-695-9500

www.trustbaltimore.com

Guest jroo

good thing about it is that there wasnt any other left over mc's yelling "get your hands up!!" "twix , get your hands up!!" "dj rraapppp!!"

Originally posted by jroo

good thing about it is that there wasnt any other left over mc's yelling "get your hands up!!" "twix , get your hands up!!" "dj rraapppp!!"

LOL! "Wave your hand in the air!" I was in the front room at Buzz once and I noticed that one of the MCs that was there all the time was a kid I went to highschool with *lol* It has been like 8 years since I had seen him so I didn't say anything to him about how much the MCs annoyed me :rolleyes:

Mark EG is awesome - I saw him a few times during my early raving years in Toronto and really really loved his sets. He's hard techno/hard trance, really high energy. . kind of a rock n' roll show off (breaks records with his head, etc.) I'm pretty sure he was banned from North America for a while b/c of some sort of drunk incident (he's from the UK).

I'd love to go see him again. . . it would take me back to my glory days *sniff* :tongue:

Originally posted by cookiegirl

Mark EG is awesome - I saw him a few times during my early raving years in Toronto and really really loved his sets. He's hard techno/hard trance, really high energy. . kind of a rock n' roll show off (breaks records with his heads, etc.) I'm pretty sure he was banned from North America for a while b/c of some sort of drunk incident (he's from the UK).

I'd love to go see him again. . . it would take me back to my glory days *sniff* :tongue:

is he anything like Chris Liberator? :rolleyes:

haha, I'm just kidding :D

Originally posted by vicman

chris liberator ---> :blown:

yeah that night was horrible. we were trapped in the front room listening to some dj play records... and i mean PLAY, he wasn't mixing or anything!

then they finally let us in and all the djs in the mainroom stunk. I'm a fan of Seb Fontaine's too and he was so NOT on that night. I spent all night with my roomie & the russians upstairs making fun of some kid stealing all the stuff from the bar that wasn't nailed down! :laugh:

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

yeah that night was horrible. we were trapped in the front room listening to some dj play records... and i mean PLAY, he wasn't mixing or anything!

then they finally let us in and all the djs in the mainroom stunk. I'm a fan of Seb Fontaine's too and he was so NOT on that night. I spent all night with my roomie & the russians upstairs making fun of some kid stealing all the stuff from the bar that wasn't nailed down! :laugh:

Yea, I remember that night...Fontaine was NOT that great (compared to the previous time I saw him).

I also remember you, your roomie, and the Russians upstairs. Sauvee was also there.

I like Liberator and his style of music - Madam Zu, Mark EG. . .the harder sounds. It's what I started listening to way back when, and what I heard at Toronto parties where they prefer more high energy music. But I can see why people who prefer clubs and the kind of DJ that gets booked for a club may not like that kind of music. I enjoyed Liberator's set at Buzz, but I must say it was not his best work. I've seen him a few times in Canada before and he's been much much better.

Grandmaster Flash in the front room did suck mighty ass that night. Being trapped in there waiting for them to open the main room (and having an out-of-town friend who had never been to Buzz) started the night off on a horrible note. . . :blown: