Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Buying tables this weekend please help!

bassboy

Hey guys,

I am checking out an offer for 2 Technics 1200 that this dude is selling for 450$.

It has no cartridges, and I do not know what to look for to make sure these things are OK.

What do I need to look for.

Please help me from getting fucked, I am a CP faithful.

Thank you.

well make sure it works, play a record on both of them.

make sure you dont here static coming out of the channels or here the music clippin in or out. (i made that mistake and it cost me more money to get fixed)

just try them out and play around with it for a while to make sure everythings working:D

make sure the motor and the pitch quartz lock is good....slide the pitch up and down...check the dot indicators on the platter and make sure they are correct....check the tone arm and make sure the contacts inside are'nt pushed in (this is a bitch to get fixed)....and defintely test them out with some records

Originally posted by mane

DONT BUY THEM

because you could get new ones from Guitar Center for the same amount and last time I checked a few weeks ago there were on sale for 400. So do some research before you buy used Techs.

Mane

i was thinkin the same thing but i think he means 450 for the pair. or if u know someone u can get them hot for 250 ea. which isnt to hard to find. i did this almost 2 yrs ago to replace my old 1200s.

It's 450 for the pair, with no needles.

A DJ was showing me how to check the dots at the different RPM levels, but I think it was a little bit over my head. The dots are supposed to look stationary at one speed and not the other? Can anybody clear that up?

I appreciate all the feedback :clap2: