Clubplanet Nightlife Community

COLDPLAY Review

sunnyhost

Two Words:

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! (Said in Brit Coldplay-like accent ;) )

attachment.php?postid=1252182

After waiting ab 30-45 minutes for Coldplay to come on after some boring Canadian Band I must say the wait was well worth it!!!!

They were amazing and their stage lighting was great too. I was worried that the acoustics in this "gym" would be a lil' off...but 4getabowdit...the sound was really good in this new place...the band sounded great....in fact, I think they were better live than on CD 4 sure! Chris's energy (the lead singer) was just electric on stage....I've never seen anyone bounce around so much while playing the piano!

Overall my favorite part of the whole show was the Encore where they played an "old-time" favorite "Yellow" along with my other Favs "the Scientist" "clocks" and "In my place" Oh yeah..and "Trouble"!! During this whole time the entire place was up on it's feet and singing at the top of their lungs....yup..it was 'fantastic' afterall:D

No dissapointments.....I just wish they would've played a lil' longer:blank:

What did the rest of you who went think??? What did u think of that new song "Moses"??...I think it's pretty cool :)

coldplay.jpg

I have not seen or heard a performance this powerful or clear in years of going to concerts, Coldplay stands alone in a league of their own.

I like their new song "Moses", it was welcomed with a round of applause and whistling by all, these guys know well how to work the crowd without being anoying or abusing distortion or volume.

I'm sold!

:aright:

peace

Funk:cool:

ps. for full trippy effect, we where driving out of the concert and the car right in front of us had a tag that read "COLDPLY"...we where like WTF?

:eek::confused::laugh: U can imagine ;)

The canadian band was not exactly great to open the night,but the lead singer does have talent and sounded like Morrisey/ aka lead singer of The Smiths.

Intermission DJ --music SUCKED!

But I definately agree that Coldplay performed really really well!

The new song was nice, tho sounded like U2 material.

I heard that two of the other bandmates don't get along, and that this might be the last tour...???

Originally posted by loraine

I heard that two of the other bandmates don't get along, and that this might be the last tour...???

Loraine, the conflict gossip is not true, they actually get along really well...they where roommates in college, they're all college buddies...without good vibes within the band I doubt they could come up with such sweet music (for one thing)

Thou shall not dispair...I'm sure we'll have Coldplay for years to come...they do sound like U2 here and there...the singer sounds like Bono here and there also...at least he doesn't sound like Milli Vanilli, right?

;)

Originally posted by funketeer

Loraine, the conflict gossip is not true, they actually get along really well...they where roommates in college, they're all college buddies...without good vibes within the band I doubt they could come up with such sweet music (for one thing)

Thou shall not dispair...I'm sure we'll have Coldplay for years to come...they do sound like U2 here and there...the singer sounds like Bono here and there also...at least he doesn't sound like Milli Vanilli, right?

;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

One of the best shows I have ever been to. The band was as responsive to the crowd as the crowd was towards them. I love the singer's stage presence. They played flawlessly....not bad for the first Coldplay show in Florida and the first concert ever at the UM center.

Oh and by the way the opening act was Richard Ashcroft, singer of the Verve.....

Originally posted by meng

One of the best shows I have ever been to. The band was as responsive to the crowd as the crowd was towards them. I love the singer's stage presence. They played flawlessly....not bad for the first Coldplay show in Florida and the first concert ever at the UM center.

Oh and by the way the opening act was Richard Ashcroft, singer of the Verve.....

What did you think about the drummer?

peace

Funk :cool: