Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Damn!

tinybutterfli

Um - when I woke up the "real" temperature outside was -5...... So I don't want to hear about it. AND what the hell is a "real" temperature anyways.... I mean isn't the temp supposed to have windchill and everything else in it..... ok it's like 52 outside but with the wind chill and blustering wind, mixed with the clouds - it's actually -10..... Meterologists must some of the most boring people in the world to have to compute like 6 different damn temps.

Originally posted by cookiegirl

This is tropical compared to my hometown. . . last night it was -35° in Vermont!

California is looking mighty fine right about now :D

cold temperatures vs. the ground moving uncontrollably every once in a while.... um, I'll take the cold temperatures thank you very much :D

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

cold temperatures vs. the ground moving uncontrollably every once in a while.... um, I'll take the cold temperatures thank you very much :D

everywhere you move, or almost everywhere there is something. when i moved to Tampa everybody was saying about the hurricanes, then it was the cold weather and blizzards in NY, and there are earthqukes in CA...so it all comes up to the same

there was an earthquake in mexico yesterday

really? was it a major one? :(

It was pretty bad :(

Death toll on rise in Mexico quake

At least 23 are dead and 160 injured in the powerful earthquake in Colima state.

GUADALAJARA, MEXICO -- A powerful earthquake ripped through western and central Mexico, killing at least 23 people and injuring at least 160, as dozens of houses and buildings collapsed and church bells were knocked from their steeples.

The death toll rose yesterday as yellow-suited emergency crews were shown on television digging through wrecked buildings in the capital of Colima state, using a pneumatic drill to break through concrete slabs and pulling out victims on stretchers.

In Mexico's second-largest city, Guadalajara, 160 kilometres to the north, dozens of homes partially collapsed and at least 20 people were injured by falling bricks and beams. Bells at one of the colonial city's dozens of churches fell from the bell tower.

In Mexico City, about 500 kilometres from the epicentre, buildings swayed from the quake, which struck Tuesday evening, centred near the port and tourist centre of Manzanillo on the Pacific coast.

Mexico's national seismological service put the quake's magnitude at 7.6, but the U.S. Geological Survey calculated it at 7.8 at a depth of 33 kilometres -- considered shallow. A magnitude 7.0 quake is capable of causing widespread, heavy damage.

really? was it a major one? :(

this reminds me Vic, do you know if Jorge Ramos is still on Univision? I :heart: that guy :D

Kinda. It was like 7.4 on the richter scale, area most hit was Colima. 23 people died. It was also felt in Mexico City but there was no major damage there. I think only 1 person died there.

Remember in 1985 the big one that hit Mexico City 8-something and 10,000 people died. Thats the problem with eathquakes, a biggie can hit any moment w/ no warning at all.

Dont know about Jorge Ramos, he probably is still there. That guy is a relic.

Originally posted by cookiegirl

It was pretty bad :(

Death toll on rise in Mexico quake

At least 23 are dead and 160 injured in the powerful earthquake in Colima state.

GUADALAJARA, MEXICO -- A powerful earthquake ripped through western and central Mexico, killing at least 23 people and injuring at least 160, as dozens of houses and buildings collapsed and church bells were knocked from their steeples.

The death toll rose yesterday as yellow-suited emergency crews were shown on television digging through wrecked buildings in the capital of Colima state, using a pneumatic drill to break through concrete slabs and pulling out victims on stretchers.

In Mexico's second-largest city, Guadalajara, 160 kilometres to the north, dozens of homes partially collapsed and at least 20 people were injured by falling bricks and beams. Bells at one of the colonial city's dozens of churches fell from the bell tower.

In Mexico City, about 500 kilometres from the epicentre, buildings swayed from the quake, which struck Tuesday evening, centred near the port and tourist centre of Manzanillo on the Pacific coast.

Mexico's national seismological service put the quake's magnitude at 7.6, but the U.S. Geological Survey calculated it at 7.8 at a depth of 33 kilometres -- considered shallow. A magnitude 7.0 quake is capable of causing widespread, heavy damage.

it's the same San Andreas fault that runs all along the Pacific Coast, from CA all the way down to S. America, it couldve easily happened further up north or further down south. thats the freaky part. :worry:

Originally posted by vicman

Kinda. It was like 7.4 on the richter scale, area most hit was Colima. 23 people died. It was also felt in Mexico City but there was no major damage there. I think only 1 person died there.

Remember in 1985 the big one that hit Mexico City 8-something and 10,000 people died. Thats the problem with eathquakes, a biggie can hit any moment w/ no warning at all.

Dont know about Jorge Ramos, he probably is still there. That guy is a relic.

of course I remember that earthquake. I was still living in TX at the time. The problem with Mexico City is that its built on a lake (Damn our ancestors for listening to their God and builting the city where they found the eagle perched on a cactus with the serpent in his mouth - just a little bit of trivia for you *lol*) Mexico City also sits on a fault line. Have you been to the Zocalo there? The cathedral in the center is lopsided, its sinking! Craziness!

Jorge Ramos might be a relic but I use to watch the news with my dad just so I could see him *lol*

of course I remember that earthquake. I was still living in TX at the time. The problem with Mexico City is that its built on a lake (Damn our ancestors for listening to their God and builting the city where they found the eagle perched on a cactus with the serpent in his mouth - just a little bit of trivia for you *lol*) Mexico City also sits on a fault line. Have you been to the Zocalo there? The cathedral in the center is lopsided, its sinking! Craziness!

Jorge Ramos might be a relic but I use to watch the news with my dad just so I could see him *lol*

yeah, it doesnt really help that the city is on top of a lake. but thats where they saw the eagle eating the snake on top of a cactus plant, so there is where they built it.

freaky thing is i was in mexico city 2 days before that eathquake. the hotel i stayed while i was there collapsed.

i think jorge ramos is still there although i dont think he is the anchor of the 6pm news anymore, its some other guy.