Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The offcial saleen351 PM Sessions maze review

Guest saleen351

Originally posted by saleen351

see, you guys don't hear all the bs and mistakes, you guys are too content with your music here in miami. He made at least 10 major mistakes. One time it was sooooooooooooo bad i almost said something to him. I don't show up to hear shitty mixing. How often do u hear roland screw up? Not too often, like once a month, now og messes up more, but nothing of the extent of demi. The tracks were horrid and it was a bunch of little asian raver kids on the floor, and don't get me started on the way people were dressed. Can we say dirt bags.... The guy is simply a run of the mill dj. MS would have hammered that crowd, but the thing is maze doesn't support his night, they only concentrate on sat nights, so hes left in the cold, but he is just as good as og and roland. The last hour of the set was good, but the first 6 months of it sucked.... Big time.. He is offcialy scatched off my list of djs to go see. Ps very few djs actually get me on the dance floor, and when they do, it means they are good. Demi and his crew simply were lost when it came to building a set. Had very poor crowd sense and once again the flow was horrid. Wait till morillo comes, then you will understand what a NJ northeast dj will do to that place. You will then understand why the northeast djs are much better with exeption of a few djs down here. At one point they played noise and someone should have tossed morillo a couple grand to take over...

just so yous know, i had a blast, the pms party was fun as hell, i didn't go for the music, cause GA sent me some links of his shit, and i knew it wasn't for me, but i'm also aware that i should give it a chance since computer speakers aren't as good as the system at maze... So for pms i give it a big thumbs up, and for the music, i'd stick my balls in a blender then here that stuff again. Let MS do your pms party with jimmy t opening..:eek:

I'm glad you had a good time Saleen ... don't know what happened with the drink prices ... e-mail carla@clubmaze.com ... I know P:M Sessions has nothing to do with the bar ...

As to the music ... we don't all have the same musical preferences ... thank god ... two things I can assure you thou ...

1) There is no compromise with the musical selection ... DJs play what they feel is right to move the crowd to the vibe they want to establish ... the crowd attending wants to be lifted by the music ... from the inside out ...

2) Demi's set was enjoyed by the crowd ... even in the "darker" journey he set ... only to bring the funk out ... his set was designed to fit a bigger room like the one at Maze ... and still keep his vibe to the fullest ... he did ...

As to the resident DJs ... Chris and Mono ... I will take my hat off ala "DT w/Demi" ... an opening set means warming up the dancefloor ... preparing the groove to peak just for the main DJ to pick up from it ... an opening set should never "steal the show" ...

Chris and Mono will have their main act this coming Friday in The Room ... new DJ booth premiered by DHM and Harvey this past Sat. ... they will bang that room their way ... I know this will be their year ... and Friday will be their first main act of the year ...

Two of the most influential people in the club scene in South Florida were sooooo impressed with Demi ... with the crowd ... with the vibe ...

Knowing we didn't satisfy everyone makes us know we are not perfect ... but came close enough ... it's more fun like that ... no wonder I still own a copy of Johnathan Livingston Seagull ... :hat:

Sounds to me like a case of sour grapes for you and your friend Saleen. From what I heard Demi rocked the place, and having heard him DJ many times across the pond I can vouch for that myself. And why would Danny Tenaglia personally invite someone who is as 'awful' as you say to open for him at Vinyl? Or why would he be running one of the few independent nights in London, or in fact the UK, that has managed to not only survive but is growing from strength to strength and achieving success and gaining a following around the world?

And why also I ask would he have got to the final 10 out of tens of thousands of entrants in the Cream Resident competition and now getting regular gigs around Britain, Europe and even Egypt playing as a Cream resident?

Why the need to feel publicly slate someone so unjustly like that? Demi is a decent guy and has worked incredibly hard to get where he is - as, if you had gone up and had a chat with him and welcomed him as everyone else there seems to have done, you would have found out.

Surely there is room for new DJs to come into the club as well as you and your mate Marcus?

Share the wealth as they say!

Originally posted by mjm420

a review from a guy who got drunk as a skunk off 1 drink.....

dressed like he came out of an episode of miami vice.....

looks like a bad andrew dice clay lookalike...

apparently didn't move from the bar cuz he probably had a hard on from dreaming he wishes he could have someone as hot as the girls dancing on the bar.....

claims to be a club maze legend...(understatement on his behalf)....

& then sucking up by saying he was going to go say hi, after ragging on the dj's, then to say "i don't remember much after that point...."

but hey it's a message board.. right! we can voice our opinion.....

BTW>>> it was nice meeting alot u you cp'ers/ keep it real...

& also i wasn't refering to you saleen... let me get that

comment straight & clear.... & i think i was more of a

man to show up on fri. regardless of what you've

posted about me or anyone else....

p.s

let us know when your balls blending party is....i'm sure you'll

have a flood of people at your party.....(waiting their turn to

press the grind button...)

ANYWAYS MY 25 CENTS WORTH......

L8R.....

:bounce::aright::laugh: :laugh: