Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Funktion

karma4

Good Question!

We heard mix reviews through out the night/and Sunday. Here's what we heard...

The lines (Well VIP/ e-list) weren't too bad. 20 min's tops for the wait.

The Main (House) room is nice. The sound is good.

The renovated space looks nice

The Trance Room sucked.

I definitely want to check it out. It's good to have options...I'm all about the free enterprise system.

------------------

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

-Henry David Thoreau, Walden

infinity.gif

Well, here's my review:

First, any place, especially a huge venue like this, that puts house in the main room has my vote. The sound was great, people dancing on the stage...Gene Farris rocked everyone's ass and when he dropped that bootleg remix of Eddie Grant's electric Avenue (which I have) the crowd went nuts. I wonder if it all started when Thomas of the Wicked Crew dropped the OG of that track at Giant last summer and everyone, accept the trance heads that didn't know what to make of house in the main room, went nuts. Oh well. DJ Sneak, well, it's Sneak...he was oh so sneaky good. He kept the energy up all night. It's an older crowd though and a lot of people left early, including my old ass...had an after party to deal with at my house though.

Yea, the trance room didn't suck, it was just empty. And most of the night is was more on the progressive house tip, thank you, I actually don't mind that. Plus, it was the only room that had any room, so that was our little hide away spot to do...

The D & B room was loud as hell...but, it was rockin'. Make sure you have earplugs if you go in there. People were going nuts, lots of energy in there. There was a live MC droppin' some nice rhymes over the dj's mix which was sick.

The funk/hip hop room, well, I went back there once to check it out...there were about 10 people in there and when I heard 2 Pac's "California" I was out before I got in and never went back.

The smoking patio is a little small...everyone was smoking and smoking whatever thay wanted with no stress from security. Speaking of the security, they weren't any asshole security at all.

Did I mention House in the main room and people loving it?

So, as for the question earlier about taking anything away from Giant...the answer is no. Giant is trance, Funktion is house. All the underground house heads, promoters, dj's, etc. were there. People that would never step foot in Giant. There are a lot of people in this town, more than enough to fill two mega clubs.

I don't know about the lines...I was pissed I had to wait 15 minutes...but, when I got to the front of the line I recognized the girl with the list and she got me right in and told me I never had to wait again and just come to the front. I hate doing that, but if they insist. cwm29.gifcwm30.gifcwm29.gif

Oh yea, did I mention house in the main room? cwm32.gif

Archived